Access is available on and off campus to current McMaster University students, faculty and staff.
- SDC Platinum is fully funded by McMaster's DeGrooote School of Business (DSB) and is currently only available to DSB faculty, staff and Ph.D. students To request access to SDC Platinum, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Request access to SDC. In the body of the message please include your MacID and department within the DeGroote School of Business.
- The DSB Virtual Lab is accessible both on and off-campus (with VPN).
- Instructions for accessing the DSB Virtual Lab - Windows, iOS, OSX and Android
- Once connected to the DSB Virtual Lab, select the SDC folder on the virtual desktop and then click SDC Platinum.
- When prompted for your SDC Platinum login user initials, please use your MacID.
- When prompted with a Billing Information box (i.e., Enter Project Description), type in the word test or another keyword (NOTE: Academic users will not be billed for using SDC, this box is present for other SDC clients).
SDC Platinum provides detailed information on new issues, mergers and acquisitions, syndicated loans, private equity and more for the global financial marketplace. It supports analyzing investment banking and deal trends, identifying comparable deals, monitoring deal activity and generating industry-leading league tables and market share analysis.
McMaster subscribes to all databases (or components) of SDC Platinum which includes:
- Global New Issues - Equity, Bonds, Syndicated Loans
- Mergers & Acquisitions - U.S. Targets, Non-U.S. Targets, Joint Ventures/Alliances, and Repurchases
- Corporate Governance - Poison Pills and Proxy Fights
- Corporate Restructurings - Full Detail Bankruptcies (1988 to present), Limited Detail Bankruptcies (1980-1990), and Exchange Offers
- VentureXpert - Industry Resources: Funds, Firms, Portfolio Companies, Limited Partners, Executives | Industry Statistics: Fund - Commitments, Performance, Statistics | Company - Investments (Disbursements), Initial Public Offerings, Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Securities Trading - AutEx BlockDATA Express and Search Menu
- Global Public Finance - U.S. New Issues, Non-U.S. New Issues, Project Finance, MuniProfiles, Refunding Candidates