eReserves is our new electronic course reserve system that allows instructors and students to have a single access point for all reading materials in Avenue to Learn. Instructors upload their course reading list and library staff will search for and manage the course readings. This service ensures your content is made accessible and copyright compliant. eReserves is also free for students to use. Visit eReserves FAQ for more information.
- Instructors fill out the eReserves form.
- Library staff will find your course readings. Staff will: scan chapters, provide persistent links to articles and ebook chapters, link out to Open Access Educational Resources, investigate ebook purchases, and request ILL scans on your behalf.
- We will ensure readings follow Canadian copyright law and McMaster licensing agreements.
- We may be able to negotiate copyright permissions for course readings that exceed library licences or fair dealing policy.
- Readings will be available in an accessible format.
- Your course readings will be accessed in your Avenue to Learn course.