eReserves is our new electronic course reserve system that allows instructors and students to have one single access point for all reading materials in Avenue to Learn. Instructors upload their course reading list and library staff will search for and manage the course readings. This service ensures your content is made accessible and copyright compliant. eReserves is also free for students to use.
1. Instructors fill out the eReserves form here.
2. Library staff will find your course readings. Staff will scan chapters, provide persistent links, investigate ebook purchases and request ILL scans on your behalf.
3. We will ensure copyright compliance and OCR for accessibility.
4. Your course readings can be accessed in your Avenue to Learn course
- All course readings must fall within Fair Dealing.
- You would not be able to use eReserves if your weekly reading list consisted of multiple chapters from a course textbook.
- Unfortunately, textbooks are generally not available for libraries to purchase as an eBook.
Instructors must activate their course through Avenue to Learn
- Go to content (if you do not have a module, at the bottom of the left hand side, where it says “Add a Module”, type in a module name and hit enter)
- Select a module by clicking on the name on the left hand side
- Select (from the middle of the screen) Add Additional Activities
- Select External Learning Tools
- Select eReserves
- Once the eReserves link has been created click on it to finish the configuration