Access is available on and off campus to current McMaster University students, faculty and staff.
Factiva will automatically timeout after 20 minutes of browser inactivity. This default is set by the database provider and cannot be changed. To prevent unintentional logouts, make sure you click somewhere in the browser to keep your session active or save/email document(s) to read off-line.
To disconnect from Factiva, click the gear icon (i.e., the Setting/Tools/Support menu) in the upper right corner and select LOGOUT. This will allow another user to access the database immediately.
A multi-disciplinary database that provides access to current and archived news, business and company information worldwide. The database contains content from more than 31,000 sources from 200 countries in 26 languages. It includes:
- more than 2,500 newspapers, with same-day and archival coverage (e.g., Financial Times [current month embargoed], Globe and Mail, Hamilton Spectator, New York Times, Wall Street Journal )
- more than 1,000 newswires, including more than 400 that update continuously (e.g., The Associated Press, PR Newswire)
- television and radio transcripts along with audio and video coverage (e.g., BBC, CNN, NPR)
- Web and blog content from thousands of business and news sites worldwide
- more than 5,000 business and industry publications (e.g., Economist, Far Eastern Economic Review, Forbes, Fortune, Newsweek)
- over 40,000 company profiles for publicly traded companies wordwide
- photographs from Reuters and other image sources