Access is available on and off campus to current McMaster University students, faculty and staff.
Coverage: Varies by database
The Web of Science Core Collection consists of several separate multidisciplinary citation indexes that can be searched independently or in combination. Included by default are the:
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (A&HCI), 1976 to present
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED), 1976 to present
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), 1976 to present
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Science (CPCI-S), 1990 to present
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index - Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH), 1990 to present
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), 2015 to present
Indexing over 20,000 scholarly journals (including open-access titles) and over 160,000 conference proceedings, the Web of Science contains bibliographic information on all types of documents appearing in journals including articles, citations, letters, corrections, additions, excerpts, editorials and reviews. Information from these indexes can be retrieved by topic (i.e., includes title,abstract and keywords), by author, by publication name, by address, by organization, by cited reference (or bibliography) and more.
Also includes access to the EndNote web citation manager (see link at top of Web of Science screen). Accounts must initially be created from within the McMaster IP range.