Access is available on and off campus to current McMaster University students, faculty and staff.
Coverage: 1976 to the present, but varies by database
The Web of Science Core Collection consists of several separate multidisciplinary citation indexes that can be searched independently or in combination. Included by default are:
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (AHCI), 1976 to the present
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED), 1976 to the present
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), 1976 to the present
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI) - Science (CPCI-S) and Social Science & Humanities (CPCI-SSH), 1990 to the present
- Book Citation Index (BKCI) - Science (BKCI-S) and Social Sciences & Humanities (BKCI-SSH), 2005 to the present
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), most recent five years
- Current Chemical Reactions (CCR-EXPANDED), 1985 to the present
- Index Chemicus (IC), 1993 to present
Indexes scholarly journals (including open-access titles), books and conference proceedings in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities. Contains bibliographic information on all types of documents including articles, citations, letters, corrections, additions, excerpts, editorials and reviews. Information from these indexes can be retrieved by topic, title, author, publication title, year published, affiliation, publisher, and more. Cited reference (or bibliography) searching is also supported. All cited references for all publications are fully indexed and searchable.