Camera equipment booking policies
These policies are regarding any camera equipment (cameras, tripods, lavalier mics) which can be booked to leave the Centre. Camera equipment held within the Media Production Studio has a separate set of policies.
- All equipment bookings require approval from staff.
- Request equipment bookings at least 24 hours in advance (for weekend and Monday bookings, book by Friday morning).
- Last minute booking requests are not permitted.
- Bookings are limited to one (1) camera, one (1) lavalier (lapel) mic, and one (1) tripod at a time.
- Bookings are 48 hours or less, with one day minimum between bookings.
- Check your confirmation email for full details.
- Equipment is not booked unless you receive a confirmation email
Things to remember for returning equipment
- Recharge the camera before returning it.
- Remember to grab your files from the camera's SD card before returning it.
- Ensure all pieces are present in the carrying cases before returning equipment.
- Anyone can return the equipment.
- All equipment should be returned to the Lyons Service Desk. Returning to the Library Services Desk on the first floor of mills is a last resort only.
- Be prompt in returning equipment.
- Report any broken equipment immediately to the Manager.
- Cameras have one SD card. Lyons does not provide additional or larger SD cards for use with our camera equipment.
- The responsibility to provide additional storage falls upon the borrower.
- Another option is to film at a lower quality to fit more on the provided SD card.
- Yet another option is to pause filming when the SD card fills up & transfer your footage to a computer or other external media, then wiping the SD card to film more.