St. Saviour, Brock Memorial Church (Queenston, Ont.) fonds. -- 1874-5011. -- xx cm of textual records.
St. Saviour Anglican Church, the Brock Memorial Church, is dedicated to the memory of Sir Isaac Brock, Commander of Troops during the War of 1812. The first church building was erected between 1818 and 1820, at the intersection of the Niagara Parkway and York Road. This church was destroyed by lightning in 1839. For 40 years, the congregation met in various locations until 1877, when construction of the present church was begun.
The current building was opened and consecrated November 2, 1879 by Rev. Thomas Brock Fuller, First Bishop of Anglican Diocese of Niagara Brock Fuller
Title based on content of fonds.
Fonds on deposit. Ownership of the fonds resides with St. Saviour, Brock Memorial Church.
Finding aid available electronically.
Researchers are requested to use the microfilms. They must also sign an agreement of use form.
Further accruals are expected.
It is located near where General Sir Isaac Brock was killed on October 13, 1812 by American forces attacking Canada.
|Parish Register A||
|Parish Register B||Marriage 1984-2001||428|
|Parish Register C||Vestry Book 1950-1981||438|
|Parish Register D||Vestry Book 1981-2003||438|