The records of the churches are organized by city and then by church. Each church entry includes history of the church and a listing of the records we hold:
Records of the Diocese and Individual Churches
Other useful starting points:
Current map of the Diocese [PDF]
1961 map of the Diocese [PDF]
List of Individual Churches With Records Pre-dating 1869
Records from churches dated earlier than 1869.
List of Clergy (pre-1991) [XLSX]
A list of past bishops and clergy.
Researchers should also be aware of the Gladys McAndrew fonds which relates to missionary work and residential schools undertaken by the Anglican Church in Canada from 1943 to 1954.
In 1975 McMaster University reached an agreement with the Anglican Diocese of Niagara to collect, describe and preserve the records of the churches in the diocese as well as the non-active diocesan records. Since that time the records of almost all of the churches in the diocese have been deposited at McMaster, amounting to more than 100 parishes. The Diocese covers approximately 3,320 square miles in the province of Ontario. The most northerly towns are Harriston and Mount Forest; the western boundary is Nanticoke; the eastern perimeter is marked by Oakville and the Diocese extends southwards to Fort Erie. The records are on deposit only and remain the property of the Anglican Church.