Access is available on and off campus to current McMaster University students, faculty and staff.
September 2023: IBISWorld adopted a new platform and new industry report structure, read this FAQ to learn what happened to some previous industry report sections
New for 2022: US Spotlight Industry Reports and updated Canada Industry Provincial Reports & Canada Provincial Economic Profiles (includes more reports & profiles for more provinces and territories)
New for 2021: Canadian Financial Ratios now included in the Canada industry reports - look for Financial Benchmarks > Financial Ratios in the Navigation pane of a report.
New for 2020: IBISWorld moved to a new platform with an updated design and user interface on January 15, 2020.
New for 2019: Canada Industry Provincial Reports (i.e., Ontario), Canada Business Environment Profiles, Canada Business Environment Provincial Profiles and U.S. Business Environment Profiles.
Figures in IBISWorld reports are written in local currency. Canada industry report figures are in Canadian dollars; U.S. and Global industry report figures are in U.S. dollars.
The Library's IBISWorld subscription provides access to over 1700 U.S., 430 Canadian, 427 Ontario (+ other provinces and territories) and 74 global industry market research reports.
The Library subscribes to the following products in IBISWorld:
- Canada: Canada Industry Reports (NAICS) | Canada Industry Provincial Reports | Canada Business Environment Profiles | Canada Business Environment Provincial Profiles
- United States: US Industry Reports (NAICS) | US Specialized Industry Reports | US Spotlight Industry Reports | US Business Environment Profiles | Inflation Tracker Tool
- Global: Global Industry Reports
Search for industries by keyword(s) or browse a list of industries defined according to the five digit NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) level. Each industry report typically includes the following chapters and sections:
- About - Industry Definition, Related Terms, What’s Included?, What’s Not Included?, Companies, Related Industries
- At a Glance - Highlights, Key Takeaways, Executive Summary, Major Players, Industry Revenue, Products and Services, Industry Structure, Key External Drivers, Call Prep Questions
- Performance - Current Performance, Volatility, Outlook and Lifecycle
- Products & Markets - Products & Services, Major Markets, International Trade, Imports, Exports
- Geographic Breakdown - Business Locations
- Competitive Forces - Concentration, Barriers to Entry, Substitutes, Buyer & Supplier Power
- Companies - Market Share, Companies
- External Environment - External Drivers, Regulation and Policy, Assistance
- Financial Benchmarks - Cost Structure, Key Ratios
- Key Statistics - Industry Data
See Industry Research Reports for more information and a video on each chapter and section noted above.
Business Environment Profiles for the United States, Canada and Provinces can be accessed separately, but this content is also integrated within the industry reports. These profiles provide insight into key industry drivers such as exchange rates, commodity prices, interest rates, weather conditions, consumer attitudes, demographics and more.