Access is available on and off campus to current McMaster University students, faculty and staff.
The Library subscribes to the following modules in IBISWorld: U.S. Industry Reports (NAICS), U.S. Specialized Industry Reports, U.S. Industry iExpert Summaries, Canada Industry Reports (NAICS), Canada Industry iExpert Summaries & Global Industry Reports.
New for 2021: Candian financial ratios now included in the Canda industry reports - look for Industry Financial Ratios in the Navigation pane of a report.
New for 2020: IBISWorld moved to a new platform with an updated design and user interface on January 15, 2020.
New for 2019: Canada Industry Provincial Reports (i.e., Ontario), Canada Business Environment Profiles, Canada Business Environment Provincial Profiles and U.S. Business Environment Profiles.
Figures in IBISWorld reports are written in local currency. Canada industry report figures are in Canadian dollars; U.S. and Global industry report figures are in U.S. dollars.
The Library's IBISWorld subscription provides access to over 1407 U.S., 430 Canadian, 52 Ontario and 73 global industry market research reports. Search for industries by keyword(s) or browse a list of industries defined according to the five digit NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) level. Each 30 to 40 page report typically includes the following chapters and subchapters:
- About - Industry definition (e.g., NAICS code), Supply Chain, Major Players, Main Activities, Similar Industry Designations, Additional Resources, Industry Jargon, Glossary
- Industry at a Glance - Key Statistics Snapshot, Key Trends, SWOT Analysis, Executive Summary, Industry Structure, Key Industry Data, Major Players, Products & Services Segmentations
- Industry Performance - Key External Drivers, Current Performance
- Industry Outlook - Outlook, Industry Life Cycle
- Products & Markets - Supply Chain, Products & services, Demand determinants, Major markets, International trade, Business locations
- Competitive Landscape - Market Share Concentration, Key Success Factors, Cost Structure Benchmarks, Basis of Competition, Barriers to Entry, Industry Globalization
- Major Companies - Major Players, Other Companies
- Operating Conditions - Capital Intensity, Technology & Systems, Revenue Volatility, Regulation & Policy, Industry Assistance
- Key Statistics - Industry Data, Key Ratios, Industry Financial Ratios
Business Environment Profiles for the United States, Canada & Ontario can be accessed separately, but this content is also integrated within the industry reports. These profiles provide insight into key industry drivers such as exchange rates, commodity prices, interest rates, weather conditions, consumer attitudes, demographics and more.