Access is available on and off campus to current McMaster University students, faculty and staff.
The Library subscribes to the following modules in IBISWorld: U.S. Industry Reports (NAICS), U.S. Specialized Industry Reports, U.S. Industry iExpert Summaries, Canada Industry Reports (NAICS) & Global Industry Reports.
Figures in IBISWorld reports are written in local currency. Canada industry report figures are in Canadian dollars; U.S. and Global industry report figures are in U.S. dollars.
The Library's IBISWorld subscription provides access to over 1300 U.S., 425 Canadian and 73 global industry market research reports. Search for industries by keyword(s) or browse a list of industries defined according to the five digit NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) level. Each 30 to 40 page report typically includes:
- an industry definition (e.g., NAICS code)
- industry at a glance
- industry performance (e.g., key external drivers, performance, etc.)
- industry outlook
- industry life cycle
- products & markets (e.g., supply chain, demand determinants, major markets, international trade, business locations)
- competitive landscape (e.g., market share, key success factors, cost structure benchmarks, basis of competition, barriers to entry, industry globalization)
- major companies
- operating conditions (e.g., structural risk index, investment requirements, technology & systems, revenue volatility, regulation & policy, industry assistance, taxation issues)
- key statistics (e.g., industry data, key ratios, industry financial ratios, etc.)
- jargon & glossary