Access is available to everyone, anywhere.
Provided by the Digital Research Alliance of Canada, the Federated Research Data Repository (FRDR) is a system for researchers in Canada to deposit and share research data and to facilitate discovery of research data through federated searching across over 100 Canadian research data repositories. Anyone can use FRDR to search for and download data, and researchers can use FRDR as a robust repository option into which large research datasets can be ingested, curated, processed for preservation, discovered, cited, and shared.
Some key features include:
- Fast and efficient data upload and download for large datasets through Globus File Transfer, as well as web browser transfers for smaller datasets
- A fully-bilingual user interface and robust documentation available in English and French
- DOI registration for datasets provides a persistent identifier that can be used for data citation
- Support for multiple authentication providers, including Compute Canada, ORCID, and a growing list of Canadian postsecondary institutions
- Optional embargoes on data and metadata records
- Allows multiple people to collaborate on a submission
- Support for Special Collections by research groups with organizational branding and links to external web content
- A responsive support service with business hours coverage across Canada (firstname.lastname@example.org)
More help with the repository can be found here.