These best practices can be applied to any social media accessibility platform. Many of these concepts are also web and print accessibility best practices, so once you know the principle, it can transfer to another area.
So what are these best practices?
- Provide captions for videos
- Tag, caption, or provide alt-text for images
- Use CamelCase for hashtags, which is the idea of WritingHashtagsLikeThis instead of WRITINGTHEMLIKETHIS
- Indicate where your links lead to, [Audio], [Photo], or [Video]
- Avoid using acronyms
- Use a URL shortener, such as Bitly. The link is in the menu along the right side, or better yet, hyperlink the URL.
- Put any links or hashtags at the end of your message.