- Connect to Canadian Business Patterns via ODESI (Ontario Data Documentation, Extraction Service and Infrastructure) or DLI (Data Liberation Initiative). NOTE: If you see an Off-campus access to OCUL members screen, click on McMaster University.
- To access CBP data
- via ODESI, scroll to the desired year and select the desired geography link from the list. NOTE: To view CBP data on non-library computers, you must download and install Beyond 20/20 Professional Browser. A free download (for Windows) is available from the Statistics Canada website.
- via DLI, select Business and Financial folder Canadian Business Patterns (CBP) > select desired year from list > select desired geography link from list
- Select a relevant dataset from the list displayed. Pick a dataset with the appropriate year, geography and industry code.
Not sure which dataset to select? Review the options below.
- 1988 to present
- CBP, 1997-current, published 2x per year (June & December)
- CBP, 1988-1996, published 1x per year (December)
- CA = Canada - availble in CBP, 1988-current
- PROV = Province - available in CBP, 1988-current
- CD = Census Division (county, regional district) - available in CBP, 1997-current
- CMA = Census Metropolitan Area - available in CBP, 1997-current
- CSD = Census Subdivision (municipality) - available in CBP, 1997-June 2008
Industry Classification Codes
- NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) - 2, 3, 4 and 6 digit level
- SIC (Standard Industrial Classification) - 1, 2, 3 and 4 digit level
- SIC-E 1980 - available in CBP, 1988-2004