We offer course-related and course-integrated instruction on how to find, evaluate and use information effectively and ethically. To request an information literacy class with a librarian, please complete and submit the form below.
- Please consider scheduling the session close to the time when students will begin their research, as students learn and retain more when they have a need to know.
- Please ensure that students have received their assignment prior to coming to the library, and that a copy is sent to the librarian assigned to teach the class.
- Instructors are strongly encouraged to attend each course-related instruction session, as your presence reflects a collaborative teaching environment, motivates the students, and allows for course-specific questions.
- Bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis; two weeks notice is preferred.
- You will be contacted by phone or email, within 3 working days, to confirm your request.
- Please wait for phone or email confirmation before announcing this session to your class.
In this space, please identify no more than 2-3 learning objectives or outcomes for each library session. You may consider the following statement to help formulate your objectives: "By the end of this session, students should be able to _____ in order to _____." For example, "By the end of this session, students should be able to perform a subject search in the library catalogue in order to find relevant books on their research topic."