Access is available on and off campus to current McMaster University students, faculty and staff.
scite is a tool which offers a quantitative and qualitative insight into how scientific publications cite each other by using access to full-text articles and its deep learning model to tell you, for a given publication:
- how many times it was cited by others;
- how it was cited by others by displaying the text where the citation happened from each citing paper;
- whether each citation offers supporting or contrasting evidence of the cited claims in the publication of interest, or simply mention it.
Assist by scite is a new feature (in beta) powered by Generative AI within scite.ai. By adding ChatGPT to scite, Assistant helps users find research-backed information by querying its citation index.
Other features offerd by the Smart Citation database include:
- Report Page, which lets you quickly see how a given publication has been cited by others
- Reference Check, which allows you to upload a manuscript and quickly see how the references used have been cited by others and whether any are retracted or have editorial notices
- Advanced Search, which lets you search for topics with the ability to refine by information about how well supported or contrasted papers claims are
- Custom Dashboards, which let you aggregate information on groups of articles based on DOIs you provide
- Zotero Plugin, which brings the power of scite into your library
- Browser extension (or plugin), which shows you the tallies of supporting, mentioning, and contrasting citations a paper has received when you're browsing on other sites.