Access is available on and off campus to current McMaster University students, faculty and staff.
This database is available at McMaster through April 2022 as part of the ProQuest Access & Build pilot project.
Coverage: 1845 to 2015
Provides digital access ( full color page-image format) to the backfiles of the following six major US and UK men’s-interest consumer magazines covering contemporary issues and trends in history and society, masculinity, sex roles, literature, sports, fashion, popular culture, entertainment, and more.
- All Sports Illustrated Weekly (1919 to 1930)
- Argosy (1882 to 1978)
- Esquire [UK edition] (1991 to 2015)
- M: The Civilized Man (1983 to 1992)
- National Police Gazette (1845 to 1977)
- Sports Budget (1923 to 1939)
Coverage is from issue 1 through to 2015 (or the publication ceased date), with issues scanned from cover to cover, although there will be some coverage gaps (issues / pages).