Access is available on and off campus to current McMaster University students, faculty and staff.
As HathiTrust members, McMaster students, faculty and staff have access to a digital repository that includes millions of items from research libraries around the world. The collection includes both in-copyright materials and public domain materials. Full-text material primarily consists of books and other items published before 1923. This includes a large collection of U.S. government documents and a growing collection of Canadian government publications. New material is added daily.
- open access or Creative Commons-licensed work
- U.S. works published prior to 1923
- Canadian or Australian work published prior to 1898
- works published in the rest of the world prior to 1878
- connect to https://www.hathitrust.org
- select LOG IN in the top right corner
- select McMaster University from the Find your partner institution: drop-down menu and select CONTINUE
- when prompted, enter your MAC ID username and password and select LOGIN
- compuational analysis (e.g., text mining) of all HathiTrust content (including in-copyright materials) can be done through the tools and services of the HathiTrust Research Center (HTRC)
- if assistance is needed with HTRC tools and services, contact the Lewis & Ruth Sherman Centre for Digital Scholarship at McMaster University