St. Philip the Apostle
1525 Mountain Grove Avenue
Burlington, Ontario L7P 2H4
St. Philip the Apostle Anglican Church fonds (Burlington, Ont.). -- 1963-2007. -- 5.5 cm of textual records.
In 1963 St. Philip the Apostle Anglican Church on Earl Street in Hamilton, Ontario closed. That same year, a new St. Philip's Parish was established in the Rolling Meadows area of Burlington, Ontario by Bishop Walter Bagnall. Services were held in the Rolling Meadows Elementary School across the street until the church building was completed and consecrated in December 1963. The first rector was Rev. William Townson. The church was disestablished on April 29, 2007 by Bishop Ralph Spence.
The fonds consists of parish registers containing statistical records with baptisms, confirmations, marriages and burials. The fonds has been microfilmed.
Title based on content of fonds.
Fonds on deposit. Ownership of the fonds resides with St. Philip the Apostle Church.
Finding aid available in hard copy and electronically.
Researchers are requested to use the microfilms. They must also sign an agreement of use form.
Further accruals are expected.
|Parish Register A
|Parish Register B||
Baptisms Jan. 09 1994 - Apr 22 2007
Confirmations June 27 1990 - Feb 26 2006
Marriages Apr 25 1992 - July 28 2007
Burials May 13 2003 - Apr 23 2007
|Parish Register C||
Vestry or Service Register
Sept. 8, 1963 - April 29, 2007