- Who can borrow a projector?
- Where can I borrow a projector?
- What is the loan period?
- What are the technical requirements of the data projector?
- What are the fines for late or lost projectors?
- Who is responsible for theft or damage to the projector?
- Where do I return the projector?
- What if I need help?
Who can borrow a projector?
All McMaster University students, staff and faculty with a valid McMaster ID card. Borrowers must be in good standing (with no outstanding fines or long overdue book replacement charges). You will be asked to read and agree to the Equipment Loan Agreement before borrowing a projector.
Where can I borrow a projector?
From the Library Services desks of Mills, Innis and Thode libraries.
What is the loan period?
- Projectors can be borrowed for 4 hours.
- All projectors must be returned by the time due or 30 minutes before Library closing time, whichever is sooner (NO exceptions).
- Projectors will be loaned on a first-come, first-served basis and cannot be booked in advance.
To check on the current availability of projectors for checkout, do a search for "projector" in the Library Catalogue (under "Search Begins with...Title").
What are the technical requirements of the data projector?
- Screen Resolution: 1024X768 or less
- data projector
- remote control
- AC power cord
- special AV cable (yellow, white and red ends)
- mini d-sub cable (blue ends)
What are the fines for late or lost projectors?
Fines for late returns are $20 per hour to a maximum of $250 per day. projectors not returned by the end of the day will be considered lost and you will be billed for the replacement cost of up to $750 plus a non-refundable administration fee of $25.
Who is responsible for theft or damage to the projector?
You are! Please do not leave the projector unattended at any time. You are responsible for the full repair or replacement cost of up to $750 for the projector signed out to you. By agreeing to the Equipment Loan Agreement, you acknowledge fiscal responsibility for the projector you have checked out. If any projector accessories are not returned (e.g. the power cord) you will be charged the cost of replacing the item(s) plus a $25 non-refundable administration fee.
Where do I return the projector?
Projectors are to be returned in person to the Circulation Desk at the library it was checked out in. The staff will check that all accessories are in the carrying case before checking in the projector. You are responsible for any missing items.
What if I need help?
The expectation is that you will be self-directed in using the projectors.
- For technical assistance or hardware problems, questions should be directed to the IT Help Desk during posted hours.
Please contact the Associate University Librarian, Library Services if you have any questions or comments about our Projector Lending Program. Your feedback is important to us.