Access is available on and off campus to current McMaster University students, faculty and staff.
Global Health brings together the resources of two databases - the Public Health and Tropical Medicine (PHTM) database, previously produced by the Bureau of Hygiene and Tropical Diseases (BHTD), and the human health and diseases information extracted from CAB ABSTRACTS.
Coverage: 1910 to the present
The only specialist database dedicated to public health, completing the picture of international medical and health research by capturing key literature not readily covered by other databases. Includes journal articles, book chapters, research reports, conference papers, multimedia (e.g., image, audio, video) and more. The following aspects of human health and disease are covered by the database:
- communicable diseases (including HIV/AIDS)
- tropical diseases, i.e, diseases in the tropics (including field and experimental studies)
- parasitic diseases and parasitology - medical entomology
- human nutrition (including food composition, food poisoning, effects of diet on health, nutritional disorders, and experimental aspects)
- community and public health (including chronic diseases, occupational health, health status indicators, the impact of agriculture on health, and cancer epidemiology)
- medicinal and poisonous plants (including pharmacology, tissue culture, animal studies, plant composition, allergens, and toxins)