Home

To Fonds Description

 

International Union of Painters and Allied Trades. Local 1795 (Hamilton, Ont.) fonds. Second accrual (1996-62)

Box 3 Agreements, minutes, correspondence, seal and stamp

F. 1 Ninth Provincial ICI Sector Agreement, effective June 22 1995- April 30 1998, bound copy, 49 p.

F.2 Local Non ICI Agreement (unsigned), effective August 22 1995- Apri130 1998, bound copy, 29 p.

F.3 Directory of Secretaries and Business Representatives, Revised January 1975, bound copy, 239 p.

F.4 Memoranda of agreement for Locals 1795 and 1834 and related correspondence: -memoranda for the Hamilton fabrication shop of Canadian Pittsburgh Industries, the second ICI Provincial Agreement, the Local Non ICI sector agreement (service agreement) and two memoranda from Local 1834 before the merger with Local 1795, 1971 -1982 (carbon and photocopies).
-applications for conciliation by Local 1834 for the contracts expiring in 1973, 1975 and 1977.
-application for conciliation by Local 1795 for the contract expiring in 1974.
-grievance filed against Canadian Pittsburgh Industries by Local 1795, with the Ontario Labour Relations Board decision of September 5 1980.
-correspondence relating to violations of the collective agreement (mostly photocopies), 1980.

F. 5 Certificate applications and accompanying correspondence:
-Local 1834 and C-Rite Windows
-Local 1795 and J.D.'s Glass and Mirror, with original O.L.R.B. certificate and membership applications.

F. 6 Proposal of Amalgamation Between the Brotherhood of Painters, Decorators and paperhangers of America and the Amalagamated Glass Workers' International Association of America, printed pamphlet, 1915, 7 p.

F.7 Minute Book of Local 1834, July 1963- June 1979.

Note: Local 1834 was chartered by the International in 1956 with jurisdiction over all glaziers, glassworkers and apprentices in the Niagara Peninsula. On May 1 1979 the members of both locals voted to merge under the Local 1795 charter.

F.8 Local 1834- agreements and proposals:
-Collective Agreements (photocopies) 1957, 1958, 1964, 1967, 1969, 1971 and 1973.
-Contract proposals and notes for Local 1834 negotiations, 1977 -1980.
-list of O.L.R.B. file numbers of certification applications, September 1957.

F.9 Book of unused referral slips, printed for Local 205 but changed (by hand) to Local 1824.

Item #1 Official seal of the Flat Glass Workers (Hamilton) Credit Union.
Note: The Credit Union was established on February 28 1951 and officially wound up on June 21 1965. It had been essentially inactive since 1960 because of bad loans made to members.

Item #2 Hand stamp, inscribed as follows:
Local 1795 Glass Workers
P.D. & P.H. of America
A.F.L.

To Fonds Description

To Finding Aid - Index

Back to Top

 

Contact: archives@mcmaster.ca
Last Reviewed: September 29, 2009
URL: