Rare Maps held in Research Collections
Abrey and Tyrrell's Map of the City of Hamilton... (1891)
ABREY AND TYRRELLS / MAP / OF THE / CITY OF HAMILTON / AND / SUBURBS / COMPILED FROM / REGISTERED PLANS AND SURVEYS / BY / J. W. TYRRELL C.E, P.L.S. / 1891 // Entered according to Act of Parliament of Canada in the year 1891 / By J.W. Tyrrell, at the Department of Agriculture, Ottawa. // THE BURLAND LITHOGRAPHIC CO. MONTREAL.
- James Williams Tyrrell (1863-1945), published 1891.
- Printed map. 76 cm x 97 cm, on sheet 79 cm x 100 cm. Coloured. Mounted on cloth backing. Condition very brittle. Many pieces have fallen away from the backing.
- Visual scale [67 mm = 1200 feet]
- Street map of city and suburbs, with wards and railways indicated. Distances from Gore Park/King & James Streets indicated by concentric circles at quarter-mile intervals. Lots are numbered: NOTE:-Number and Folio of registered plans indicated thus: (60,1). Street index at lower left corner of map.
- Location: McMaster University Library, Research Collections, Accession # 107450