The Value Line Investment Survey contains investment information and advice. The Standard edition tracks approximately 1,700 companies in over 90 industries. It consists of three parts:
- Ratings & Reports: Each week, approximately 130 stocks are profiled in one-page reports that contain Value Line’s Timeliness, Safety, and Technical ranks; historic financial data; detailed financial results; 3-5 year price and earnings projections; beta (stock's sensitivity to fluctuations in the market); an analyst’s written commentary; and more. Each stock is re-evaluated four times each year (or every 13th week). Also included are brief industry reviews which assess how the current economic, political and technological environments may affect an industry.
- Summary & Index: Contains an index of all stocks in the Investment Survey as well as many current statistics. Also includes a variety of stock “screens” designed to identify companies with characteristics matching certain investing goals.
- Selection & Opinion: Contains Value Line’s latest economic and stock market forecasts, articles about interesting and attractive stocks, model portfolios, and financial and stock market statistics.
The Small and Mid-Cap of the Value Line Investment Survey contains reports on 1,800 companies, most of which are smaller than those in the Standard edition (usually with market values from less than $1 billion to $5 billion). It consists of two main parts:
- Ratings & Reports: Each page contains current and historical financial information and stock price data. It also contains eight different Value Line ranks, most of which are the same as those in the Standard edition. The one difference is the Performance rank which is designed to predict a stock's relative price performance for the next 12 months. Reports in the Small and Mid-Cap edition contain consensus earnings estimates, if available, but they do not contain analyst commentaries.
- Summary & Index: Summarizes the latest information about each company, including changes in company or industry ranks, operating results, P/E ratios, dividends, and more.