The study/consultation room in Mills Library Learning Commons (L213/G) can be booked for use by students with disabilities for access to a private, quiet, scent-free room to use assistive technology in the library.
ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY – BY AREA
The following adaptive software can be found installed on all PC computers in Mills, Thode, and Innis.
Adobe Acrobat: As per the Adobe website, Acrobat includes "read out loud text-to-speech conversion", "keyboard alternatives to mouse actions", "an Accessibility Setup Assistant Wizard for easy setting of most preferences related to accessibility" and more.
MathPlayer: Allows mathematic equations to be read aloud or visually rendered.
Windows Magnifier: This program quickly zooms in on key areas by using either a lens, full screen, or docked function and can be easily accessed by pressing Windows and the (+) key or closed with Windows and Esc.
CATS (Campus Accessible Tech Space) - MILLS LIBRARY L212
The below adaptive tech items may be signed out using a valid student card for use within the CATS area only
- A MAC laptop preloaded with Kurzweil 3000, ZoomText 11, Adobe Pro, JAWS, and Dragon Dictate
- A PC laptop preloaded with Kurzweil 3000, ZoomText 11, Adobe Pro, JAWS 18, as well as the standard complement of PC software found on Library Computers
- CCTV – used to magnify print documents which are displayed on a screen. The colour of the letters and the background can be adjusted to the user’s preference.
- Motorized Height-Adjustable tables with programmable height settings, all with HDMI cabled monitors. Two tables are included in privacy booths.
- Scanner – users can scan documents and make them accessible with Kurzweil or Adobe Pro.
- Freestanding Snowball Microphone
- Headset with microphone
- Livescribe EchoPen
- Magnifying glasses, sheets, and bars
- DAISY player
- Various computer adaptors and accessories
CONSULTATION ROOM – MILL LIBRARY L213/G
- The primary use for our consultation room is for Dragon NaturallySpeaking: Speech is used instead of a keyboard to input text into a document. This is only available in Room L213/G in Mills Memorial Library.
- PC Computer with Kurzweil 3000, ZoomText 11, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, VoiceOver, and Dictation.
- Adjustable table
- Scanner - users can scan print documents and make them accessible with Kurzweil
- Powered speakers