Assistive Software - All Computers
Assistive software that can be found on all PC computers in Mills, Thode and Innis.
- JAWS 18: A screen reader, which reads text out loud and navigates the screen using the keyboard.
- Kurzweil 3000: A screen reader, which reads text out loud. Text is highlighted on the screen as it is read.
- ZoomText: A screen reader, which magnifies the screen up to 36 times. The text can also be read out loud.
Assistive Software - CATS Computers (May not leave CATS)
- MAC laptop preloaded with Kurzweil 3000, Adobe Pro, JAWS, and Dragon Dictate (Dragon NaturallySpeaking)
- PC laptop preloaded with Kurzweil 3000, ZoomText 11, Adobe Pro, JAWS 18, as well as the standard complement of PC software found on Library Computers
Assistive Software - Consultation Room (L213/G)
- The desktop computer in our consultation room is installed with Kurzweil 3000, ZoomText 11, Adobe Pro, JAWS 18, as well as Dragon Dictate (Dragon NaturallySpeaking)
Assistive Technology - CATS (May not leave CATS)
- Motorized Height-Adjustable Tables: Usable as sit/stand desk stations. Each table has a monitor which you can use to plug in your laptop for extra screen space.
- BOOX Concussion monitor/tablet: Fast, low-flicker, no glare, just like a Kindle Paperwhite. An interactive surface to replace light-projecting monitors, phone productivity software, or handheld pads. Great for those with migraines, ADHD, concussions, etc.
- C-Pen Reader Pen: Scanning and reading pen using OCR/Optical Character Recognition technology that has a built-in dictionary and a voice recorder. Great for sighted people, but difficulty reading printed text, such as those with dyslexia.
- Freestanding Snowball Microphone
- Headset with Microphone
- Livescribe EchoPen: Capture lectures and written text. Save it, search it, replay portions as needed
- DAISY Player: DAISY allows visually-impaired listeners to navigate something as complex as an encyclopedia or textbook, otherwise impossible using conventional audio recordings
- CCTV - Closed Circuit TV Magnifier: Magnify print documents that are displayed on a screen. The colour of the letters and the background can be adjusted to the user’s preference.
- Large Print Keyboard
- Access to a desk scanner
- Magnifying glasses, sheets, and bars
- Various computer adaptors, computer mice, and accessories
Assistive Technology - Consultation Room (L213/G)
- Adjustable table
- Scanner – users can scan documents and make them accessible with Kurzweil or Adobe Pro.
- Headphones with Microphone