March 4 - Speaker event
Free Your Course: How going Open can work for you and your students
11:45 am – 1:00 pm | West Room, University Club
Catherine Anderson, teaching professor in McMaster’s Department of Linguistics and Languages, and Digital Pedagogy Specialist Anastassiya Yudintseva will discuss how their OER, Introduction to Linguistics, broke free from the constraints of an expensive commercial textbook, and how they collaborated to create this unique resource, among the first of its kind to be created at McMaster. Lunch will be provided. Space is limited; registration required.
March 4 - 8 - Faculty Drop-ins
Faculty are invited to learn more about finding, using and creating OER for their courses in a series of drop-in sessions to be held at locations across campus. Donut Monster donuts provided!
- Faculty of Humanities, Monday, March 4, 2:00 pm-3:00 pm, LRW 2001
- Faculty of Science, Tuesday, March 5, 12:00 pm-1:00 pm, BSB 337
- Faculty of Engineering, Wednesday, March 6, 2:30 pm-3:30 pm, JHE A114
- DeGroote School of Business, Thursday, March 7, 1:30 pm-2:30 pm, DSB 421
- Faculty of Social Science, Friday, March 8, 10:30 am-11:30 am, LRW 1003
March 5 - Trivia Night
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm | The Phoenix CraftHouse & Grill
Bring your team to the Phoenix and challenge yourself on questions related to Open Education. Put your knowledge to the test, learn a thing or two, and maybe even win a prize!