Access is available on and off campus to current McMaster University students, faculty and staff.
Coverage: Varies by database
The Web of Science platform consists of several multidisciplinary databases that can be searched independently or in combination. Included by default are:
- Web of Science Core Collection, 1976 to the present, varies by database
Indexes world’s leading scholarly journals, books and conference proceedings in all subject areas. Includes:
- Arts & Humanities Citation Index (AHCI), 1976 to the present
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-EXPANDED), 1976 to the present
- Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), 1976 to the present
- Conference Proceedings Citation Index (CPCI), 1990 to the present
- Book Citation Index (BKCI), 2005 to the present
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESI), the most recent five years
- Current Chemical Reactions (CCR-EXPANDED), 1985 to the present
- Index Chemicus (IC), 1993 to the present
- BIOSIS Citation Index and BIOSIS Previews, 1926 to the present
Index to life sciences and biomedical research covering pre-clinical and experimental research, methods and instrumentation, animal studies, and more.
- Current Contents Connect, 1998 to the present
Complete tables of contents and bibliographic information from the world’s leading scholarly journals.
- Data Citation Index, 1900 to the present
Discover research data connected to articles published in journals, books, and conference proceedings and link directly to international data repositories for easy access to the deposited data sets.
- Derwent Innovations Index, 1966 to the present
Combines unique value-added patent information indexed from over 50 patent issuing authorities in the Derwent World Patent Index (1963-present) with patent citations indexed from the Derwent Patents Citation Index (1973-present). Search across clearly written patent titles and abstracts that highlight the novelty, use, advantage, and claims of each invention.
- KCI-Korean Journal Database, 1980 to the present
Includes articles from multidisciplinary journals covered in KCI. KCI is managed by the National Research Foundation of Korea and contains bibliographic information for scholarly literature published in Korea. Search in Korean or English.
- MEDLINE, 1950 to the present
The U.S. National Library of Medicine premier life sciences database. Explore biomedicine and life sciences, bioengineering, public health, clinical care, and plant and animal science. Search precisely with MeSH terms and CAS registry numbers.
Preprint Citation Index, 1991 to the present
Includes preprints for key research articles ahead of the formal publication in a journal from a range of international selected and evaluated preprint repositories in the sciences, social sciences and arts & humanities. Discover preprints connected to author profiles and peer reviewed literature in the Web of Science. Link directly to the preprint repositories to view each version of the preprint and download full text. Track citation activity for the preprint and link to the citation network in Web of Science.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Citation Index, 1637 to the present
A collection of multi-disciplinary dissertations and theses from around the world, offering over 5 million citations from thousands of universities.
- Russian Science Citation Index, 2005 to the present
Includes scholarly articles from researchers publishing in the core Russian science, technology, medical, and education journals. Leading publications have been carefully selected and provided by the Scientific Electronic Library (eLIBRARY.RU), Russia's largest research information provider. Search in Russian or English.
- SciELO Citation Index, 2002 to the present
Includes scholarly literature in sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities published in leading open access journals from Latin American, Portugal, Spain, and South Africa. Search in Spanish, Portuguese, or English.
- Zoological Record, 1864 to the present
The world’s leading taxonomic reference and oldest continuing database of animal biology. Determine the first appearance of an animal name or new species and track taxonomic and nomenclatural changes.Search with the help of extensive thesauri, including subject, geographical, paleontological and taxonomic classifier.