What to Expect
Media consultants at Lyons will do their best to help get you started on your project in regards to media creation software or even hardware (such as camera equipment, for example), or help find the answers to your media creation problems. The consultants are here to assist your media learning process.
What This Service Is About
- The media consultants can help you learn how to use a new media software, or some hardware (such as camera equipment).
- They can also help with troubleshooting media creation problems on a one-on-one basis, especially when the Help Desk staff cannot.
- Consultations are a teaching/learning session.
- The consultants are here to provide technical learning/support with multimedia project work.
What This Service Is Not About
- This is not a media creation service. We do not do the work.
- Media Consultation bookings are not for getting tours of the space and general info about what's available in the Centre.
- Tour requests can be booked through another form (select the Lyons tab on the Library Tours page).
- General inquiries about the space and our resources can be directed to:
- The consultants cannot give advice on the appropriateness of a project topic, approach, etc. These sorts of matters should be discussed with your course instructor.
- Please have your project pre-planned before coming to a consultation session. The consultants cannot plan your project or be part of the planning process.