- About Lyons
- Cameras & Filming
- Courses & Workshops
- Media Creation
- 3D Printing
- Tinker Equipment
- Media Consultations
- How-Tos & Tutorials
Lyons New Media Centre Bookings
Lyons New Media Centre Bookings
Important Information - New Booking System
- GOOD NEWS!!! (Thurs, March 1/18): For all bookings of camera equipment, edit suites, AV & console gaming room, L418 (formerly the consultation room/presentation practice space) or PC gaming stations for Monday, March 5 onward, please go to our new booking system:
- Booking the Green Screen & Media Classrom or the Audio Recording Booth? Book them through the Google submission forms linked below.
- Audio Recording Booth, Equipment & Classroom/Green Screen Room bookings:
- These bookings require an approval process.
- Your booking is only confirmed once you receive a confirmation email about your booking.
- Requests are NOT reviewed outside of office hours (Monday - Friday, 9:30am-4:30pm, not weekends or evenings)
- Give us at least 24 hours notice to give us time to process your request.
- Bookings needed for weekends and Mondays should be submitted Friday.
- Booking limitations:
- Audio Recording Booth: 2 hours per group per day
- Media Classroom/Green Screen Room: 4 hours per group per day
- AV & Console Gaming Room (L418), Edit Studios (L415, L416) & PC Gaming Stations bookings:
- You can book these yourself automatically. No approval process is required.
- All end-of-day room bookings end 30 minutes prior to closing time in Lyons.
- Only the person who books the equipment or rooms may sign out these items at the Help Desk.
- All bookings require you to arrive to the Help Desk first.
- Whomever booked the room needs to present their valid McMaster ID card at the time of the booking.
- Please read all policies for the resource in question before placing a booking or booking request:
- Audio Recording Booth information (NEW)
- Cameras & Filming Equipment information & policies (login to Booked, then click on the name of the camera/equipment to see information)
- Cameras policies
- Games Room policies
- Media Classroom equipment (courses only)
- Media Classroom/Green Screen Room information
- Media creation policies
Audio Recording Booth
Equipment available in booth: computer w/Audacity & Adobe Audition, RODE mic and filter w/adjustable arm, audio interface, high stool, music stand w/light for script/music, ventilation fan (low noise) is installed in booth
- Also available at the desk: headphones
- Food or drink not permitted in the booth.
- Accessibility: Currently, the booth is not fully accessible (we are working on it). To book an accessible recroding space, please book edit suite L415.
- 2-3 people maximum (larger groups: book edit suites: L415 or L416)
Audio Recording Booth Availability Calendar
Green Screen / Media Classroom
Bookings can only fall within the opening hours of the Lyons New Media Centre.
- This room cannot be booked for meetings. This is a classroom and a film/photography shooting room.
- Begin packing up 5-10 minutes before the end of your booking and be prompt in leaving at the end of your booking.
Green Screen Room Availability Calendar