Here are 3 possible fixes:
1. If you are using Adobe Reader as your PDF reader, this may be due to a feature in Adobe called "allow fast web view". If so, you may get an error such as "insufficient data for an image". Try the following fix:
- open the Adobe Reader application
- Control-K, or go to Edit > Preferences
- on the left, click 'Internet' and then uncheck 'Allow fast web view'
2. Before opening the PDF, right-click the PDF link and choose "save target as", “save link as” or “download linked file as” (depending on your browser). This will force the PDF to save before opening. Then open the PDF from the saved location. This bypasses the browser and the browser’s PDF plug-in, and avoids problems associated with plug-ins.
3. If neither of the above solutions works, try using a different PDF reader, e.g.
- Windows: Foxit Reader
- Mac OS: Preview (go to Finder > Applications > Preview.app)
If none of these solutions work, please report the problem to us, and we will work with you to fix it.