Frequently Asked Questions - Off-Campus Access (Access e-Resources)
What is Off-Campus Access and where can I find more information about it?
Can I use a firewall with off-campus access?
Firewall software has been known to cause problems with off-campus access. You may have to temporarily disable your firewall or configure your firewall to allow off-campus access. The following software have been known to cause problems.
- Norton Internet Security
- Norton Personal Firewall
- Zone Alarm Pro
- McAfee Internet Security
Please note that some ad blockers (e.g. IDecide, Ad-Subtract) and web accelerators (e.g. Netzero High Speed) has been known to cause problems as well.
What is off-campus access compatible with and do you have to configure your browser for it?
Off-campus access should be compatible with:
- most Web browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla, Firefox, etc.)
- most operating systems (e.g. Windows, Mac OS, etc.)
- most commerical Internet service providers (e.g. AOL, Rogers, etc.)
- most connection types (e.g. Dial-Up, Cable, etc.)
- Off-campus access does not require you to configure your web browser.