How long will my print job take to print?
Printing a 3D object is not the same as printing something on paper. It is not an immediate process. As a 3D print starts with a bottom layer and works it's way up layer by layer, an average object can take between 4-5 hours to complete. If you download Cura, the free software used to prepare files for the Ultimaker2 3D printer, it will give an estimated printing time based on the size of your object.
Beyond this, it is difficult to estimate a time due to a number of factors:
- number of requests in the queue
- number of prioritized requests in the queue
- processing time
- size of individual print jobs
- hours the Centre is open (we cannot print outside of regular hours)
- unforeseen technical issues and repairs
You can always email Lyons (firstname.lastname@example.org) about your request. While an estimated time cannot be given, you may find out how large the backlog is at the current time.