a term for members of the key personnel list.
BA German, Colorado College; MA German, Washington University; MLS, University of Missouri
Administrative Director for the Lewis & Ruth Sherman Centre for Digital Scholarship
- B.A., History, Indiana University
- M.A., History, Indiana University
- M.L.S., Indiana University
- Archives and special collections
- Digitization and digital libraries
- Cataloguing, metadata, and classification
- Collection development and management
- Sources on U.S. Naval History in the United States. Available online, http://www.history.navy.mil/sources/
- Guide to Unclassified Collections at the Operational Archives. Available online, http://www.history.navy.mil/branches/nhcorg10.htm
- Making Room for Ludlum: Supporting Popular Fiction in the Academic Library. Canadian Library Association Conference, 2008.
- Using TRIM for Records Management. Presentations to U.S. Navy records managers, 2004.
- Managing Electronic Records at the Operational Archives. Paper given at the Naval History Workshop, June 2003.
- Diane Wakoski: "Life is Mostly Poetry", Lilly Library, Spring 1999
- Beginning a New Century: Indiana University 1899-1900, Indiana Archives, Fall 1999
- "Honorable and Friendly Rivals": Moments in IU-Purdue Football, Indiana University Archives, Fall 1999
- American Library Association -- Association for Library Collections and Technical Services (ALCTS) -- Continuing Education Committee
- e-book Working Group (Chair)
- Emerging Technologies Group
- Endeca User Interface Group
- Library Liaison Leads
- Mass Digitization (Kirtas) Group (Chair)
- Trainer for Fundamentals of Library of Congress Classification
- University Library IT Committee
B.A., York University, Linguistics
MSc., University of Alberta, Linguistics
MLS, University of Toronto
- information discovery tools and trends
- library web usability
- e-book marketplace and acceptance
"Not So Fast! Researcher Preferences for Print or E-Books.” Presented with Wade Wyckoff at the 33rd Annual Charleston Conference (Charleston SC, November 7, 2013). Abstract and slides
"Yet Another PDA Presentation!” Presented with Harriet Rykse (Western University) and Julie Kliever (Providence College) at the 32nd Annual Charleston Conference (Charleston SC, November 9, 2012). Abstract and slides
"If Books are Still Our Brand: PDA and the Big Deal”. Prepared with Wade Wyckoff and Kathy Ball, for presentation at the Canadian Library Association Conference (Halifax NS, May 28, 2011).
"On the Leading Edge: Transforming Technical Services." Presented at ER&L (Atlanta GA, March 19, 2008).
Adlington, Janice & Benda, Chris (2005). “Checking under the hood: Google Scholar for reference use.” Internet Services and Reference Quarterly 10(3-4): 135-148.
Adlington, Janice & Brown, Melinda. “Scholarship in the Digital Age: Google Scholar and Open Access”. Presented at GradSTEP 2005 (Vanderbilt University, January 29, 2005).
"We're 'Okay', Now What? Revising the Library Site." Presented at Libraries in Focus: Relevance, Usability, Statistics (Worcester MA , March 31, 2000).
“Growing Academic Library Web Sites: The Web at Age 6”. Presented at the Connecticut Library Association Conference (Cromwell CT, April 7, 1999).
Reviewer for Choice Magazine in the area of Linguistics, 2000-
- Manages the serials, acquisitions, and e-resources department within the Collections Division
- Collection development and management
- Consortial licensing
- Link resolver (SFX), including user support
- Record load policies
- Information Resources Management Committee (chair)
- OCUL-IR: Ontario Council of University Libraries Information Resources
- OCUL-IR Ebook Subcommittee (co-chair)
- OCUL-IR Licensing and Local Load Subcommittee (L3S)
- OCUL-IR OUR Subcommittee (Usage Rights)
- OCUL-IR Thunder Bay Subcommittee (Last Copy and Low Use Print Repository)
- CRKN Serials Management Subcommittee
- Member of ALA (2000- ), ACRL, ALCTS
Office of Institutional Research and Analysis
- LibQUAL+ Working Group (chair)
- Balanced Scorecard