Reproduction of Materials Policy
Reproduction of items is possible in most cases for personal research purposes. On occasion, duplication cannot be permitted because of copyright restrictions, possible damage to the book or archival material, or other reasons. Each request will be decided individually, taking into account the nature of the item and its condition, the purpose for which the copy is required, the existence of surrogate copies elsewhere, and the method of reproduction to be used, etc.
Use of Personal Digital Cameras
Use of personal digital cameras to make copies is permitted in most cases, but you must complete a Photocopy and Scanning request form, available in the Reading Room.
Photocopies and PDFs
- Regular photocopies and PDFs (up to 11x17) - $0.30 per page
- Colour photocopies (up to 11x17) - $1.00 per page
- Orders of 50 pages or more will be charged for the cost of copies, plus $11.00 per hour copying time.
- Shipping charges apply to photocopy orders, unless picked up in person. PDFs will be sent electronically.
- 1 to 10 copies - immediately, depending on staff availability.
- 11 to 50 copies - approximately 1-2 weeks, depending on staff availability.
- 50+ copies - to be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Standard high resolution scan: 600 dpi, tiff format - $15.00 per image.
- Oversize (larger than 11x17) - $40.00 per image.
- Scans will be sent electronically.
- 1 to 5 scans - approximately 1 week, depending on staff availability.
- 6 to 10 scans - approximately 2 weeks, depending on staff availability.
- 11 or more scans - to be evaluated on a case by case basis.
Special Media: slides, audio tapes, videos, etc.
Copying of special media is normally provided by off-campus service providers. Researchers are required to cover all costs of reproduction, including delivery charges to and from the service providers. Prices and turnaround times can be provided on a case by case basis.
Postage/Courier Charges and Taxes
Charges will be levied on a cost-recovery basis for all orders either mailed or sent by courier to researchers. Orders will be subject to applicable taxes.
By cheque or credit card (Visa, Master Card, American Express); Payment must be received before copies are sent. Credit card number must be provided by phone at (905) 525-9140 x22789 or by fax at (905) 522-0691; when faxing, please address to "Research Collections". Patrons may also use debit in person.
To request photocopies please complete this form online, or a paper copy in the Reading Room. If you have any questions about this process, please contact the Archives and a staff member will be happy to respond.