To Collection Description
Canadian sheet music collection. Appendix.
Listing of Books in the collection:
1. 15 From 150. A Sampling of Hymns Written and Composed by Torontonians
During the Years 1834 -1984. Compiled by Hugh D. McKellar. Toronto:
Prepared for the Toronto Chapter. The Hymn Society of America in co-operation
with the Toronto Sesquicentennial Board. n.d.
2. 86 Hymn Writers of Canada. Offprint by Hugh D. McKellar for
The Dictionary of American Hymnody. n.p. 1986.
3. Adveniat Regnum Tuum: A Sacred Cantata. By Bjorgvin Gudmundsson.
Photocopy. Vocal score. 1924.
4. Allegany Collection. By A.N. Johnson. Allegany Cty, N. Y.
The Allegany Academy of Music, 1869.
5. Ausband. Pennsylvania. Lancaster County. 1984. (in German,
6. Band Music. By Rev. David Savage and J.H. Hathaway. New
and enlarged edition. Toronto: William Briggs, 1886.
7. The Baptist Church Hymnal. London: Psalms and Hymns Trust.
1900. (with music, choir edition).
8. Battle Songs of the Cross. By John M. White. Toronto: William
Briggs, 1901. (with music).
9. The Beacon Light. by J.H. Tenney and E.A. Hoffman. Boston:
Oliver Ditson, 1881. (Music and words).
10. The Believers Hymn Book. London: Pickering and Inglis. n.d.
11. The Book of Common Order of The United Church of Canada.
Toronto: U.C. Publishing House. 1932.
12. The Book of Common Praise Being the Hymn Book of the Church of
England in Canada. Edited by Sir George C. Martin, et al. Toronto:
Oxford University Press. 1909.
13. The Book of Common Prayer. Church of England Rites etc. together
with The Psalter. Translated into the Language of the Cree Indians of
the Diocese of Moosonee. By the Right Revd. John Horden. London:
Society for the Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1890.
14. Book of Common Prayer. Portions... together with Addresses, Hymns
and Choruses in Eskimo (Eastern Arctic Dialect). By Rev. E.J. Peck
et al. Toronto: Diocese of the Arctic, 1950.
15. The Book of Hymns: Official Hymnal of the United Methodist Church.
Tennessee, Nashville: The United Methodist Publishing House, 1966.
16. The Book of Praise. Toronto: Oxford University Press, 1918.
17. The Book of Praise. Don Mills, Ont: The Presbyterian Church
in Canada. Sixth printing, 1984.
18. The Book of Worship for United States Forces. Washington,
D.C.: The Armed Forces Chaplains Board, 1974. (music and words).
19. Bugle Notes for the Temperance Army. Edited by W.F. Sherman
and J.N. Steams. New York: National Temperance Society and Publication
20. The Canadian Anthem Book. Enlarged edition. Toronto: William
21. The Canadian Anthem Book. No. 2. l0th Thousand. Enlarged
edition. Toronto: William Briggs, 1891.
22. The Canadian Baptist Hymnal. Halifax, N.S.: A.W. Mackinlay,
23. The Canadian Baptist Hymnal for the Use of Churches and Families.
Halifax, N.S.: Baptist Book and Tract Society, 1893. (words only).
24. The Canadian Church Harmonist. Compiled by a Committee. Toronto:
Samuel Rose, Wes1eyan Book Room, 1864.
25. Canadian Diocesan Hymn Tunes Also Kyries and Chants. By
Arthur E. Cogswell. London: The Vincent Music Co., n.d. (sheet music).
26. The Canadian Hymnal. Revised and enlarged edition. Toronto:
William Briggs, 1894.
27. The Canadian Hymnal. Revised and enlarged edition. Toronto:
William Briggs, 1900.
28. The Canadian Hymnal. A Collection of Hymns and Music for Sunday
Schools and Social Worship. Toronto: William Briggs, 1889.
29. The Canadian Orange Minstrel for 1860. By R. McBride. London,
C.W.: Free Press, 1860.
30. The Canadian Psalter. Plainsong edition. Ed. by Healy Willan.
Toronto: The Anglican Church of Canada, 1963.
31. The Canadian Psalter. Psalms and Canticles pointed and set to
Anglican Chants. Toronto: The Anglican Church of Canada, 1963. (with
33. The Canadian Sunday School Organ. Toronto: Samuel Rose,
32. The Canadian Sunday School Harp. 24th thousand. Toronto:
Samuel Rose, Wesleyan . Book Room, 1866 (?).
34. The Canadian Temperance Minstrel: A Collection of Hymns, Songs
and Poetry. Montreal: Rollo Campbell, 1842. Published by the Montreal
35. The Canadian Youth Hymnal. Compiled by a Committee of The
General Council, The United Church of Canada. Toronto: The United Church
Publishing House, 1939.
36. "Cantate Domino": A Hymnal and Chants for Public Worship. Music
composed by Rev. John Black. Toronto: Copp, Clark and Co., 1874.
37. The Canticles, with Appropriate Chants Anglican and Gregorian
and An Appendix. Rev. and enlarged. Published under the Direction
of the Church Music Committee of the Diocese of Toronto. Toronto: Rowsell
& Hutchison, 1893. (with music).
38. The Canticles, With Appropriate Chants Anglican and Gregorian
with An Appendix. Rev. and enlarged. Published under the Direction
of the Church Music Committee of the Diocese of Toronto. Toronto: The
Musson Book Co. n.d. (c.1906).
39. The Cathedral Psalter containing the Psalms of David together
with the Canticles ...set to Appropriate Chants. London: Novello,
40. Catholic Book of Worship II. Ottawa and Toronto: Canadian
Conference of Catholic Bishops and Gordon V. Thompson, Ltd. 1980.
41. A Chace. By William Somerville. London: W. Suttaby, 1805.
42. Chants and Tunes of the Toronto Diocesan Synod. 4th thousand.
Toronto: Lovell and Gibson,1867.
43. Chants, Anthems and Hymns Including the Baptist Hymnal. London:
E. Marlborough, n.d.
44. Chants Evangeliques pour Le Culte Public et L'Edification Particuliere.
Douzieme edition revue et augmentee. Montreal: Societe de Publication
des Chants Evangeliques. 1914.
45. The Children's Hymn Book. London: Rivingtons, 1877.
46. Children's Hymnal. Presbyterian Church of Canada. Harmonized
edition. Toronto: C. Blackett Robinson, 1885.
47. The Children's Service Book with Hymns, Litanies, Carols and
Prayers. Edited by M. Woodward. Music selected, arranged and edited
by C.J. Ridsdale. l0th edition. London: Skeffington & Son, 1900.
48. Choralbuch for Use in Mennonite Schools and Churches in Canada.
Compiled by H. Franz. Alton, Manitoba: D. W .Friesen & Sons,
49. Christian Association Hymnal. Toronto: The Lindsay Daily
50. Christian Harmony. By William Walker and O.A. Parris. n.p.
Christian Harmony Publishing Co., 1958.
51. Christian Psaltery. By A.D. Fillmore and Robert Skene.
Cincinnati: R. W .Carroll & Co., 1867.
52. The Christian Science Hymnal. Boston: The Christian Science
Publishing Society, 1910.
53. The Christian Science Hymnal. Boston: The Christian Science
Publishing Society, 1932.
54. The Christian Science Hymnal. Rev. and enlarged Christian
Science Publishing Society, 1932.
55. Church and Sunday School Hymnal. J.D. Brunk, Musical ed.
Compiled and published . under the Direction of a Committee appointed
by Mennonite Conferences. Elkhart, Ind.: Mennonite Publishing Co., 1902.
56. Church Book-Hymns for the Use of Evangelical Lutheran Congregations.
Philadelphia: General Council Publication Board, 1917.
57. Church Book -Liturgy for the Use of Evangelical Lutheran Congregations.
Philadelphia: General Council Publication Board. 1917.
58. A Church Hymn Book for the Use of Congregations of the United
Church of England and Ireland. 5th ed. Toronto: Henry Rowsell, 1864.
59. Church Hymnal. Musical ed. J.D. Brunk. Hymn ed. S.F. Coffman.
Scottdale, Penn.: Mennonite Publishing House, 1974. 17th printing.
60. The Church Hymnal. Ed. by Rev. Charles L. Hutchins. Boston:
The Parish Choir, 1921.
61. The Church Hymnary. Rev. ed. London: Oxford University
62. Church Music. Composed by Frederick George Plummer. Toronto:
The Musson Book Co., 1914.
63. Church of Scotland Children's Hymnal. London: T. Nelson
and Sons, 1879.
64. Church Psalter and Hymn Book Comprising The Psalter,
or Psalms of David. Edited by Rev. William Mercer. London, James
65. A Collection of Hymns for the People called Methodists. By
the Rev. John Wesley. London: John Mason. (c.1825?)
66. A Collection of Hymns for the Use of Christian Churches. Edinburgh:
I. Ritchie, 1838.
67. A Collection of Hymns for the Use of the Methodist Episcopal
Church Principally for the Collection of the Rev. John Wesley. Rev.
and corr. with a supplement. New York: G. Lane and C.B. Tippett for the
Methodist Episcopal Church, 1846.
68. A Collection of Hymns for the Use of the People called Methodists.
Stereotype edition. London: Thomas Cordeau, 1818.
69. A Collection of Hymns for the Use of the People called Methodists.
By Rev. John Wesley. London: Wesleyan Conference Office, 1830.
70. A Collection of Psalms and Hymns. Scottdale, Pa.: Mennonite
Publishing House, 1948.
71. Colonial Harmonist. Selected and arranged by Mark Burnham.
Port Hope, U .C.: Mark Burnham, 1832.
72. The Cree Syllabic Hymn Book. By James Evans. Norway House,
1841. Toronto: Bibliographical Society of Canada Facsimile Series No.4,
73. A Commentary on the Book of Psalms. 3rd ed. Vol. 3. Perth,
Scotland: R Morison Junior, 1794.
74. C'mon and Shine! The War Services Committee of the National
Council of the Y.M.C.A. of Canada. n.p. n.d.
75. Common Service Book of the Lutheran Church. Philadelphia:
United Lutheran Church in America, 1918.
76. Companion to Baptist Hymnal. Nashville, Tenn.: Broadman
77. Companion to the Hymnal: A Handbook to the 1964 Methodist Hymnal.
Emory Stevens Bucke, general editor. Nashville: Abingdon Press, 1970.
78. A Companion to the Wesleyan Hymn-Book, being a Selection of Two
Hundred and Twenty-eight Tunes from the Works of the Most Celebrated Masters.
79. Congregational Church Hymnal. Part III Anthems. By George
S. Barrett and Josiah Booth. London: Congregational Union of England and
Wales. n.d. (c.1914?)
80. Divine Service Book for the Armed Forces. Ottawa: The Minister
of National Defence, 1950.
81. The Dominion Hymnal for Sunday School and Social Worship. Toronto:
William Briggs, 1883. (words only).
82. The Dominion Hymnal. A Collection of Hymns and Music for Sunday
School and Social Worship. Toronto: William Briggs, 1883. (with music).
83. Echo to Happy Voices. New York: American Tract Society,
84. The English Hymnal. London: Oxford University Press, 1906?
85. Epworth Praises: A Collection of Popular Sacred Songs New and
Old Compiled for The Epworth Leagues of the Methodist Episcopal
Church, The Methodist Episcopal Church, South and the Methodist Church
of Canada. Musical editor: Charles H. Gabriel. Toronto: William Briggs,
86. Etlich Cristliche Lyeder Lobgesang und Psalm. (First Protestant
hymnal, facsimile reprint of 1524. Alymer, Ont: Amish Historical Library.
n.d. Limited ed. 46/100
87. The Excellent Use of Psalmody with a Course of Singing-Psalms
for a Half a Year. London: F. C. and J. Rivington, 1811.
88. The First Canadian Christmas Carol: Jesous Ahatonhia .(Huron
Indian carol. c.1641). English interpretation by J.E. Middleton, illustrated
by Stanley F. Turner. Toronto: Rous & Mann, 1927.
89. Garlands of Praise (front of book) bound with Wreath
of Praise (back of book and upside down). New York: Daniel W. Knowles,
1876 and 1879.
90. Gates Ajar. By Kurzen Knabe. Harrisburg, Pa.: I. H. Kurzen
Knabe & Sons, 1885.
91 Gefangbuch. Cleveland, Ohio: Mattill and Lamb. 1887.
92. Gesangbuch for Mennonites, compiled by Ullgemeinen Konserenz.
Printed in U.S.A., 1942.
93. Glaubens=Lieder. Printed in Shaped Notes only. Ste. Anne,
Manitoba: Gospel Publishers, 1970.
94. Golden Songs. By Rev. I. Baltzell. Dayton, Ohio: United
Brethren Printing Establishment, 1874.
95. Gospel Hymns No. 2. By P. Bliss and Ira D. Sankey. Toronto:
Copp, Clark & Co., 1877.
96. Gospel Hymns No. 6. By Ira Sankey, James McGranahan and
Geo. C. Stebbins. Toronto: Copp, Clark Co., 1891.
97. The Great Awakening: Gospel Songs. Edited by Rev. Sam. P.
Jones. Toronto: William Briggs, 1886.
98. Halleluja. By C.U. Thomas. (bound with) Hofianna by
Yon M. Born. Music by Yon I. M. Biermann. 1883. Cleveland, Ohio: 1883.
99. Handbook to the Church Hymnary. Supplement edited by the
Rev. Millar Patrick. London: Oxford University Press, Humphrey Milford,
100. Heavenward. For the Sunday School. By James R. Murray and
P.P. Bliss. Cleveland, Ohio: S. Brainard's Sons, 1877.
101. Henry Alline 1748-1784. By J.M. Bumstead. Toronto: Toronto
University Press, 1971.
102. Historical Sketch of the Hymnal Committee of the Presbyterian
Church in Canada. Toronto, 1905.
103. Hours of Song by James H. Fillmore. Cincinnati, Ohio: The
Fillmore Brothers 1875.
104. The Hymnal. Independence, Missouri: Herald Publishing House,
1956. Published simultaneously in Canada by Herald House Division, Guelph,
105. Hymnal and Liturgies of the Moravian Church. Published
by the Authority of the Provincial Synods of the Moravian Church in America.
106. A Hymnal Companion to the Book of Common Prayer. 2nd
ed. London: Sampson Low, Marston & Co. n.d.
107. Hymnal Companion to the Lutheran Book of Worship. By Marilyn
Kay Stulken. Philadelphia: Fortress Press, 1981.
108. Hymnal of the Presbyterian Church in Canada. Revised by
E. J. Hopkins. Toronto: James Campbell & Son, 1881.
109. Hymnal of the Presbyterian Church in Canada. Toronto: James
Campbell & Son, 1884.
110. The Hymnary for Use in Baptist Churches. Toronto: The Ryerson
111. Hymnbook 1982. New York: The Church Hymnal Corp., 1985.
112. Hymnbook Collections of North America. 2nd ed. By Ellen
Jane Porter. Fort Worth, Texas: The Hymn Society of America, 1988.
113. Hymnbook for the Use of the Primitive Methodists. By John
Flesher. London: Thomas Holliday, 1853.
114. "Hymnody of Canada, Presbyterian, Methodist and United Church." Article
by Hugh D. McKellar for The Dictionary of American Hymnody. Photocopy
115. Hymns for the Use of the Methodist Episcopal Church. Revised
ed. New York: Nelson & Phillips, 1849.
116. [Hymns]. t.p. missing. n.p., n.d. c.1800s?
117. Hymns. (For Belmont Church, Ont. ; Presented to the congregation
by a member of the church, 1877). Part I: Hymns for Public Worship;
Part II: Hymns for the Family and the Sabbath School.
118. Hymns. (Coppermine Eskimo). [Probably published for use
by the Anglican Church Missions in Canada's North Baffin Island.] Purchased
from the McAndrew collection.
119. Hymns. Norfolk Street Methodist Church Sabbath School.
Guelph, Ont: James Rough, Jr. Cataloguer, Printer and Bookbinder, n.d.
120. Hymns Ancient and Modern. Rev. and enl. ed. London: William
121. Hymns Ancient and Modern. Complete Edition. London: William
Clowes & Sons, n.d. (1880's).
122. Hymns Ancient and Modern. Compiled and arranged by William
Henry Monk. London: . Novello, n.d. (before 1863?)
123. Hymns Ancient and Modern. Historical edition. First published
in London, William Clowes & Sons, 1909. Extensive Introduction and
History by Rev. W.H. Frere.
124. Hymns Ancient and Modem. Historical edition with tunes.
London: William Clowes and Sons, 1909.
125. Hymns and Prayers for Schools. Montreal: Renouf Publishing,
126. "Hymns and Hymn Singing". An Illustrated Lecture by Ernest
Macmillan. Hamilton: Central Presbyterian Church, Oct 20, 1927.
127. Hymns and the Christian Myth. By Lionel Adey. Vancouver:
University of British Columbia Press, 1986.
128. Hymns for Divine Worship. London: J.H. Robinson, Methodist
New Connexion Book- Room, 1873.
129. Hymns for the Living Church. Carol Stream, Ill.: Hope Publishing
130. Hymns for the Use of the Methodist New Connexion. London:
W. Cooke, 1859.
131. Hymns for the Use of the People Called Bible Christians. 7th
enlarged edition. Devon: J. Thorne, 1859.
132. The Hymns and Hymn Writers of the Church. New York: The
Methodist Book Concern, 1911.
133. Hymns of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Salt
Lake City, Utah: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 1985.
134. Indian Melodies. By Thomas Commuck. Harmonized by Thomas
Hastings. New York: G. Lane and C.B. Tippett for the Methodist Episcopal
Church, 1845. Reprint by Gregory Javitch, 1975. Montreal: Osiris Publications.
135. Jesous Ahatonhia. A Canadian Christmas Carol. Text by Robert
E. Oliver. Music by Stanley F. Turner. Toronto: Huronia Historical Development
Council and Dept of Tourism & Information, 1967.
136. Jubilant Gospel Songs. Edited by Kerr Brothers. Chicago,
Ill.: Kerr Brothers, 1910.
137. The Jubilate. Boston: Oliver Ditson, 1866.
138. The Jubilee. By William Bradbury. New ed. New York: Mason
139. Kentucky Harmony. In three parts. Selected by A. Davisson.
Minneapolis: Augsburg Publishing House, 1976. (Facsimile edition of the
original 1816 edition).
140. The Last Supper and Gethsemane: A Cantata. By James Edmund
Jones, B.A. Toronto: Jas. Edmund Jones, 1927.
141. Lutheran Book of Worship. Minneapolis, Augsburg Publishing
142. The Lutheran Hymnal. Authorized by the Synods constituting
The Evangelical Lutheran Synodical conference of North America.
143. Marcy's Normal Echoes. Toronto: Alex, Marcy and H.B. Marcy,
144. Matchless Gems of Stirring Song. Edited by Rev. W.B. Affleck.
Toronto: Adam Miller, 1877.
145. The Melodeon : A Collection of Hymns and Tunes. By Rev.
J.W. Dadmun. Boston: J.W.. Dadmun, 1863.
146. Melodies with a Message. The "Enthusiasts" Session, 1937-1938.
Toronto, William Booth Memorial Training College, Davisville Avenue.
147. Memorial Ode. By E. A. Collins. Music by H.E. Wilkes. Written
in Cambridge, Eng., 1921. Revised in Nova Scotia, 1940.
148. The Methodist Hymn-Book Illustrated. 2nded,revised. London:
Robert Culley, 1909.
149. The Mennonite Hymnal. Scottdale, Penn.: Herald Press, 1969.
150. Methodist Hymn and Tune Book. Compiled and published by authority
of the General Conference of The Methodist Church. Toronto: Methodist
Book and Publishing House, 1894.
151. Methodist Hymn and Tune Book. Toronto: William Briggs,
152. Methodist Hymn -Book. Compiled and published by authority
of the General Conference of the Methodist Book and Publishing House,
153. The Methodist School Hymnal. London: Wesleyan Methodist
Sunday School Department, n.d.
154. The Methodist Sunday School Hymnal. Editors: John R. Van
Pelt and Peter C. Lutkin. New York: The Methodist Book Concern, 1911.
155. The Methodist Tune Book: A Collection of Tunes Adapted to the
Methodist Hymn Book. Toronto: Methodist Book and Publishing House,
156. The Methodist Tune Book: Tonic-Sol-Fa Edition. London:
William Cooke, Methodist New Connection Book-Room. 1873.
157. The Mount Zion. By Theodore E. Perkins. New York: AS. Barnes,
158. The Musical Sources for John Wesley's Tune-Books. By Nelson
Falls Adams. Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York, 1973;
Music University MicrofIlms, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
159. New Apostolic Hymnal. Chicago: The New Apostolic Church
of North America, 1938. Translated from German.
160. The New Canadian Hymnal. 4th printing. Toronto: William
161. New Joy Bells. Edited by W .A. Ogden. Toledo, Ohio: W .W
.Whitney , 1880.
162. New Light Letters and Songs. Edited by George A. Rawlyk.
Hantsport, N.S.:Lancelot . Press, 1983.
163. The New Lute of Zion. By I. B. Woodsley. New York: Carlton
& Porter, 1856.
164. The New Saint Basil Hymnal. Compiled, arranged and edited
by the Basilian Fathers. Singer's edition. Toronto: the Basilian Press,
165. New Songs to Old Tunes. Toronto: The Educational Publishing
166. O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing: A History of Singing Schools
in Canada. By Dorothy H. Farquharson. Waterdown, Ont.: Dorothy H.
167. The Ojibway Church Hymn Book. Edited by the Rev. F. Frost.
London: Society for Promoting Christian Knowledge, 1937.
168. Ontario Adores. By Hugh D. McKellar. Prepared for the Toronto
Chapter of The Hymn Society of America, n.d.
169. The Orillia Gospel Hymn Book. Orillia, Ont.: The Bible,
Gospel Book & Tract Depot, n.d.
170. Our Moravian Hymn Heritage. By Charles B. Adams. Bethlehem,
Pa.: Moravian Church in America, 1984.
171. The Parish School Hymnal. Philadelphia: The Board of Publication
of the United Lutheran Church in America, 1926.
172. Pearls and Diamonds for the Sunday School. By J .F .Kinsey.
Toronto: William Briggs, Lafayette, Ind.: Echo Music Co., 1892.
173. Pestalozzian School Song Book by George W. Pratt and A
Large Collection of School Songs by J.C. Johnson. Boston: A.N. Johnson,
174. Practical Course of Instruction in Singing Prepared on School
Principles. Translated from the fifth German edition by Christian
Heinrich Hohman. Boston: Oliver Ditson, 1856.
175. The Presbyterian Book of Praise. Parts I & II. London:
Henry Frowde, 1901.
176. The Presbyterian Book of Praise. Parts I & II. London:
Henry Frowde, 1912.
177. Presbyterianism in West Flamboro Church 1833-1908. By
Rev. S.W. Fisher. Jubilee of the West Flamboro and Lynden Presbyterian
Churches. n.p., n.d..
178. The Primitive Methodist Hymn Book. By John Flesher. London:
John Dickenson, 1878.
179. The Primitive Methodist Hymnal. Edited by George Booth.
London: James B. Knapp., 1889.
180. Prohibition Songs. Edited by Rev. Elisha A. Hoffman. Published
by Ontario Woman's Christian Temperance Union. n.d.
181. Psalms and Hymns Selected from Dr. Watts, Dr. Doddridge &
Others. By Timothy Dwight. New York: I. Seymour. 1809.
182. Psalms, Hymns and Harmonies consisting of the Psalms of David
in Metre, and the Hymn Book of the United Presbyterian Church. London:
T. Nelson and Sons, 1874.
183. The Psalms of David with Hymns and Spiritual Songs. By
Rev. Isaac Watts. London: T. Nelson & Sons, 1853.
184. The Psalms of David in Metre According to the Version Approved
by the Church of Scotland. Glasgow: Francis Orr & Sons, 1842.
185. Psalter and Hymnal. Toronto: C. Blackett Robinson, 1891.
Montreal: W. Drysdale. [2 books in 1: The Psalms of David and
The Hymnal for the Presbyterian Church of Canada].
186. The Psalter Hymnal. Pittsburgh: The United Presbyterian
Board of Publication and Bible School Work, 1927.
187. Psalter Hymnal. 3rd ed. Michigan, Grand Rapids: the Publication
Committee of the Christian Reformed Church, 1934.
188. The Psaltery. By Lowell Mason and George lames Webb. Boston:
Wilkins, Carter & Co. 1848.
189. Purest Pearls. By R.A. Glenn, Gilbert Holmes, and A.D.
Kennedy. Cleveland, Ohio: J.H. Leslie, 1881.
190. Radio Hymn Book. By Geoffrey O'Hara and Clarence Gaskill.
New York: Olman Music Corp., 1931.
191. Ravished by the Spirit. By G.A Rawlyk. Kingston &
Montreal: McGill-Queen's University Press, 1984. (The Hayward Lecture,
192. Revival Hymns. compiled by Rev. I. McD. Kerr. Toronto:
William Briggs, 1889 [incomplete].
193. The Royal Standard. A Collection of Part-Songs, Glees and Choruses.
By Theodore E. Perkins. Toronto: Copp, Clark & Co., n.d.
194. The Sabbath-School Bell. Compiled by Horace Waters. New
York: Horace Waters. Reprinted, Toronto: Adam Miller (186?)
195. Sacred Harmony. With supplement By Alexander Davidson.
Toronto: Anson Green, 1851.
196. The Sacred Harp. By B.F. White and E.J. King. Facsimile
of the 3rd edition. Nashville, Tennessee: Broadman Press, 1968.
197. The Sacred Harp: A Tradition and Its Music. Athens: Georgia:
the University of Georgia, 1978.
198. The Sacred Melodeon. By A.S. Hayden. Cincinnati: Moore,
Wilstach, Keys & Co, 1859.
199. Sacred Songs No. 1. By Ira D. Sankey, James McGranahan
and Geo. C. Stebbins. Toronto: Copp, Clark Company, 1896.
200. Sacred Songs No. 2. Compiled by Ira D. Sankey, James McGranaham
and Geo. C. Stebbins. Toronto: The Copp, Clark Company, 1899.
201. Saints Hymnal. Independence, Missouri, Herald Publishing
202. Salvator The Saviour. A Sacred Oratorio. By Roberta Geddes-Harvey.
Boston: C. W . Thompson, 1907.
203. Selected Hymns and Spiritual Songs. By Henry Alline. Edited
by Thomas B. Vincent Kingston, Ont.: Loyal Colonies, 1982. No. 46 of 250
204. Selection of Sacred Music. Enlarged with supplement By
John Campbell. Glasgow: Frances Orr & Sons, n.d. (c.1830?)
205. Service and Tune Book. By A.B. Goodrich. New edition, enlarged.
New York: Gen. Prof. Episc. S.S. Union and Church Book Society, 1866.
206. The Seventh-Day Adventist Hymnal. Washington, D.C. Review
and Herald Publishing Association, 1985.
207. Sing I. Toronto: Joint Committee on the Preparation of
the Hymn Book: The Anglican Church of Canada; the United Church of Canada.
208. The Social Harp. By John G. McCurry .Edited by Daniel Patterson
and John F. Garst Athens, Georgia: University of Georgia Press, 1973.
Facsimile of 1855 printing.
209 . Songs for Little Children. Authorized by the General Council
of the United Church of Canada. Toronto: United Church Publishing House,
1937. (with music).
210. Songs for the Troops. Toronto: The Salvation Army. Canadian
War Services. n.d.
211. Songs for Worship. By Committee Representing SCM, YMCA,
YWCA, etc. Toronto: The Religious Education Council of Canada, 1930.
212. Songs of Calvary. By the Whyte Brothers. Toronto: William
213. Songs of Salvation, As Used by Crossley and Hunter. Edited
By: Rev. H. T.
214. Songs of Victory. Compiled by Andrew W. Bell. Toronto: A.
215. Songs the Soldiers and Sailors Sing. New York: Leo Feist,
216. Sonntagschulbuch. Philadelphia: The United Lutheran Press,
217. Sonntagschulbuch. For Evangelisch-Lutherifche Gemeinden.
218. Sonntagschulbuch. For Evangelisch-Lutherifche Gemeinden.
219. Sonntags Schul Harfe. Reading, Pa.: Pilger Buchhandlug,
220. Sonntags-Schul-Harfe. Reading, Pa: 1875 (1903).
221. The Southern Harmony. By William Walker. Edited by Glenn
C. Wilcox Murray. Kentucky: Pro Musicamericana, 1966.
222. The Sovereign. By H.R. Palmer. New York: Biglow & Main,
223. St. Basil's Hymnal. 33rd ed. Compiled by the Basilian Fathers.
Toronto: St. Michael's College, 1918.
224. St. Basil's Hymnal. 33rd ed. Compiled by the Basilian Fathers.
Toronto: St. Michael's College, 1925. (music and words).
225. St. Basil's Hymnal. 33rd ed. Compiled by the Basilian Fathers.
Toronto: St. Michael's College, 1925. (music).
226. The Strain of Praise. By Stanley L. Osbome. Toronto: The
Ryerson Press, 1957.
227. [Tunebook, 1800?]. Contains rare Rules of Psalmody.
228. The Union Chimes. By G. W .Linton. Toronto: A.& S.
229. The United Methodist Hymnal. Nashville, Tenn.: The United
Methodist Publishing House, 1989.
230. Unity Services and Songs for the Sunday School. Compiled
by James Vila Blake. Parts First and Second. Chicago: Western Unitarian
S.S. Society, 1891.
231. Unser Liederbuch. By C. Linder. Reading, Pa.: 1893.
232. The Village Anthems. Edited by William A. Ogden. Toronto:
Methodist Book & Publishing House, 1882.
233. Vocal Preceptor or Key to Sacred Music. By A. Stevenson.
Montreal, 1811. (photocopy)
234. The Vocalist. By George W. Linton. Toronto: C.W. George
and W. Linton (1865?)
235. The Wave of Sunday School Song. Toronto: William Briggs,
236. Welcome Tidings. By Robert Lowry, W. Howard Doane and Ira
D. Sankey. New York: Biglow & Main, 1877.
237. [Wesley's Hymns & Supplement]. t.p. missing. c1825.
238. [Wesley's Hymns]. With Supplement. t.p. missing. (1830?)
239. The Westminster Hymnal. New and revised edition. London:
Bums Gates & Washboume, 1948.
240. Weyman's Melodia Sacra. Sequel to new edition. Dublin,
Ireland: Cramer & Co. c.1860.
241. White Robes for The Sunday-School. By A.J. Abbey and M.J.
Munger. Boston: Oliver Ditson, 1879.
242. Wilhem's Method of Teaching Vocal Classes. Adapted to Use
in the School Room. Boston: Olive Ditson, 1860.
243. Worship Hymnal. Fresno, California: General Conference
of the Mennonite Brethren Churches, 1971.
244. Zions Songster, or A Collection of Hymns and Spiritual Songs
Usually Sung at Camp- Meetings. Compiled by Thomas Mason. l0th ed.
New York: Harper and Brothers, 1860.