- McMaster Home
- Using the Libraries
- Faculty Support
Sherman Centre for Digital Scholarship (Strategic Initiative)
- Create a state-of-the-art facility to support interdisciplinary research into digital scholarship.
- Achieve designation as a McMaster Research Centre.
- Identify an Academic Director.
- Hold an official Centre launch.
- Host a regional DH event.
Project Linked to the Following Strategic Initiative
- #1: Integrate the Library into the University's Teaching, Learning and Research Mission
- #3: Create World-Class Teaching and Learning Spaces
- Academic Director: Dr. S. LaPointe
- Administrative Director: Dale Askey
- John Fink
- Other members TBD
Project Scope (work the project will include and not include)
Project Risks (circumstances or events outside the project team's control that will have a high adverse impact on the project if they occur)
- Under use (will take time to build interest in the Centre)
- Funding (need a sustainable funding model to grow the Centre)
Obstacles / Constraints (known constraints imposed by environment, management, etc.)
- Finalizing staffing model
Critical Milestones / Achievements Proposed Dates
- Create virtual presence
- Achieve official designation as "Centre"
- Open the facility (January 2012)
- Appoint Academic Director
Preliminary Assessment Plan (what quantitative or qualitative tools will you use to determine if you are successful?)
- Traffic measures (e.g., number of workstations in use)
- Satisfaction measures?
- Outcome measures (# of grants)