- Explore options for a new platform for our Institutional Repository to avoid recurring subscription costs. Start using OJS (Open Journal Systems) for all new journal publishing requests. Run parallel OJS (Open Journal Systems) for all new journal publishing requests. Run parallel OJS and Digital Commons systems during the transition.
Project Linked to the Following Strategic Objectives
- #1: Integrate the Library into the University's Teaching, Learning and Research Mission
- #2: Improve Discovery of and Access to Scholarly Resources
- Gabriela Mircea
- Olga Perkovic
- Jeannie An
- Ines Perkovic
- Kathy Ball (assessment)
Obstacles / Constraints (known constraints imposed by environment, management, etc.)
- Time: finding time to work on project
- Training: Many of the issues (e.g., copyright) are complex. Will require significant training opportunities.
- Community Buy-In: Encouraging deposit in the absence of an institutional mandate. Concerns associated with the impact on Promotion & Tenure.
Critical Milestones / Achievements Proposed Dates
Preliminary Assessment Plan (what quantitative or qualitative tools will you use to determine if you are successful?)
- Library Scorecard Measure # 1.1 (New Content in the Institutional Repository)
- Library Scorecard Measure # 2.2 (Downloads from the Institutional Repository)