Request to Advertise on Library Digital Signage
Need a Template? (NEW!)
New to designing and you're not sure how to make an image that fits campus monitors, including the Library's monitors? We have a couple of blank files available for you to download to design on. They are both 1920 x 1080 pixels in size, 150 dpi. Most campus monitors are displaying at 1920 x 1080 pixels at this point.
To download either version, right-click the link and choose "Save link as...", choose where to save your file, then click OK. If you just click normally on either links, you will just get a new webpage open that appears to be blank.
Guidelines for Advertisements
- Only non-commercial / non profit-generating requests will be considered. Fundraising is considered profit-generating.
- Only requests from McMaster-affiliated groups and departments will be considered.
- It is the responsibility of the individual or group submitting the request to ensure that they have all of the required licenses and permissions to use all photos, artwork and other materials used to create the advertisement.
- Please give 2-3 weeks notice prior to your desired posting date. Images submitted in under 7 days for an event may be denied.
- Requests submitted after 5pm or on weekends will be reviewed on the next available business day in submission sequence.
- Preference will be given to library related content and advertising of academic events, programs, etc.
- Advertisements will generally be posted for one month during a single term. (Library content excepted.)
- All advertising signage must be in the following format:
- File Format: .png or .jpg -- designed in landscape orientation (portrait oriented images will be denied, sorry)
- Dimensions: 1920 x 1080 pixel
- Resolution: 72 to 150 dpi
- proof-read for errors prior to submission
Where Ads Are Placed
- Advertisements can be shown on the following monitors:
- the monitor opposite the entrance on the 1st floor of Mills Library (in the lobby by the seating)
- the monitor at the Learning Commons entrance (near the washrooms on 2nd floor of Mills)
- the large monitor inside the Learning Commons, 2nd floor Mills
- Innis Library's monitor, Library Services Desk
- Thode Library's monitor, 1st floor
- Monitors not available for advertising:
- any Lyons New Media Centre monitors (4th floor of Mills)
- the two portrait-oriented monitors posted at the Library Services Desk (1st floor) in Mills Library
- monitor in Thode Library's lower level (MakerSpace)
- computer desktops in Innis, Mills & Thode Libraries
- Advertisements will be posted to all monitors listed in point 1 above. We cannot limit to individual monitors (e.g. only posting something in Innis).
- Whether or not the image will be posted will be based on available space, design (can it be read from 20 feet away, for example), timelines, if the material is appropriate or not, etc. and is at the sole discretion of the Library Digital Signage Team.
File types other than what is listed above, such as PDFs or PowerPoint slides will not be accepted.