Course code: Geography 1HB3
Course name: Human Geographies: City & Economy
Course date: Spring 2018
Also available in the Lloyd Reeds Map Collection are modern city street maps, transit maps, topographic maps, and neighbourhood plans. See the display set up for this class or ask staff for assistance.
- Photos before 1966 are no longer restricted by copyright and are linked directly to the index.
- Photos from 1967 to the present can be viewed in the Map Collection.
City of Hamilton, Geographic Information Services
Map.Hamilton.ca website includes:
- Map Gallery: hundreds of ready-made maps of the local area in PDF format, including public transit and bikeway maps.
- iMapper Interactive Mapper: Allows you to zoom-in far enough to see individual building footprints, change between airphoto basemap layers from 1999 to 2015. turn on and off theme layers, annotate, and more.
- Hamilton Street Railway (HSR) System Map
There are lots of other blog posts about the Light Rail issue in Hamilton. Try a Google search to find them. Remember to consider the authority of the author and his/her bias when using information from such sources. For guidelines about the critical appraisal of Internet resources see this list of suggested tools.
Need more help? Come into the Map Collection (Mills Library L102), look at the display set out for this class and ask the Library staff for help.