I'd like to connect to McMaster's full-text e-resources from the references in my EndNote Library (desktop version). How do I do this?
To set up the Find Full Text feature in EndNote desktop:
- Open EndNote desktop
- Go to the Edit menu and choose Preferences
- Click Find Full Text
- Tick all options at the top of the EndNote Preferences menu (i.e., Web of Science, DOI, PubMed and OpenURL)
- In the OpenURL Path: box, enter: http://sfx.scholarsportal.info/mcmaster
- In the Authenticate with URL: box, enter: http://libaccess.mcmaster.ca/login?url=
- Click OK
To search for the full text of a reference in your library:
- Select (highlight) the references for which you want to find full-text
- Go to the References menu (or right click the highlighted references) and select Find Full Text > Find Full Text ...
- Log in with your MAC ID username and password when prompted.
- If a full-text file (e.g., PDF) is available for your selected reference(s), it will be added to the reference as an attachment (look for the paperclip icon)
- EndNote: Optimizing Find Full Text results with X2 and later (Thomson Reuters FAQ)
- Video: Configuring EndNote to Find Full Text Articles (Western Sydney University)