- About Lyons
- Cameras & Filming
- Courses & Workshops
- Media Creation
- 3D Printing
- Tinker Equipment
- Media Consultations
- How-Tos & Tutorials
Media Classroom (L413)
This room seats 12 people plus an instructor. There is a little bit of room for an additional table and a few chairs brought from other areas, but arrangements must be made via the manager for this.
Several faculty and disciplines have run courses in the media classroom in the past, and some workshops have been run by a few different groups. Some of these include but not limited to:
- Communication & Multimedia Studies
- Arts & Sciences
- Health Sciences
- photoshop workshops
- video creation workshops
- McMaster 24 Hour Film Festival instructional sessions
Several Macbook Pros can be provided for in-class use within this classroom, which include a variety of media creation software, noted on our software page. A list of equipment and tools that are housed within the room is available.
- Entrance to the room is not given until the instructor has arrived.
- The instructor is responsible for the room and all the equipment housed within it/used during the session.
- Staff will login to the instructor's computer station for the instructor upon arrival.
- Staff will open the laptop cart for the instructor upon arrival if the laptops have been booked.
- If a class/workshop has been cancelled, please email media (@mcmaster.ca) and cc the manager immediately so we can free up the room.
- Please do not unplug our equipment. If you need assistance, please ask at the Help Desk.
- If the instructor's station, SMARTboard or laptops are to be used, please note this in your booking. These pieces of equipment are generally made available for instructors/professors of courses run in the classroom, but some exceptions have been made for workshops.
Dual Purpose Room
Our Media Classroom is a dual purpose room and, unofficially, has two names. It is both the Media Classroom and the Greenscreen Room. When this room isn't being used for classes and workshops, it is also being used for filming and photography sessions. It is also a high demand room, so bookings cannot be managed like the other rooms, but on an approval-basis.
Green Screen Room Policies
When the room is being used as a green screen room, please follow these policies:
- Computer equipment is off-limits during green screen bookings (including the SMARTboard).
- Please ask staff for assistance with the backdrops. The mechanisms for raising/lowering the backdrops are delicate and need to be operated by staff.
- Planning and editing should be done outside of the room booking. Green screen room bookings should be used solely for filming/shooting photography.
- Furniture can be moved out of the way to film/photograph, but should be moved back into a classroom setting when your booking is finished.
- The room is not soundproof. Please be mindful of volume levels to ensure you are not disturbing people in the offices next door, the rest of Lyons, or the rest of the Library floor.
- Begin packing up and resetting the room 5-10 minutes before the end of your booking and be prompt in leaving at the end of your booking.
Not a Meeting Room
The Media Classroom/Green Screen Room is not to be booked for group meetings or study sessions. Such bookings will be denied/cancelled.