Library Systems Maintenance
Update #3, August 8: The necessary reindexing of the Classic Catalogue has been completed successfully and all catalogue and user account functions are working as usual. Thanks for your patience while we resolved this problem!
Update #2, August 7: Unfortunately, following the completion of our systems work over the long weekend, we identified a number of serious indexing problems in the Classic Catalogue and our staff interface to the catalogue. These indexes are currently being rebuilt, which we hope will be completed by the afternoon of August 8. During this time we recommend using the primary public interface to the catalogue--linked here, or from the search box on the Library homepage--which has its own separate indexes. Thanks for your patience!
Update, August 7: Unfortunately, following the completion of our systems work over the long weekend, we are seeing some indexing problems in the Classic Catalogue. For some searches, these interfaces may not return the correct record. We recommend using the main public interface to the catalogue on the Library homepage, which has its own separate indexes, until this is resolved. We will update this post as we work through the problem. Thanks for your patience!
Beginning Wednesday, July 31, the system that supports the Library's catalogue and circulation functions will be undergoing database work. We expect this work to be completed on August 6 and normal operations to resume following the Civic Holiday weekend.
During this time you can expect:
- The main public interface to the catalogue used on the Library's homepage will be unchanged but the availability information displayed with an item may not be accurate.
- The "Classic Catalogue" interface also remains accessible. The link on the Library's homepage will redirect you to a temporary version of this interface. If it does not redirect properly, you may use this link to go there directly. Please note that the availability of print and other physical resources in the Library's collections that is shown in your search results may not be accurate.
- The Library's electronic resources and print collections will remain accessible.
- My Account functions as well as Recalls will not be available.
- Books may continue to be checked out at the Library Services desk. Self-check machines will not be operable.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience while this necessary work is completed.