The music collection is closely related to the curriculum of the Music division of the School of the Arts. All users are welcome.
What is available...
In the Music Area, Mills 4th floor:
- music books, scores, sheet music
- music Reference materials (dictionaries, encyclopedias, biographical dictionaries, etc.)
- CDs, music cassette tapes, vinyl records
- music journals and magazines in paper format: MILLS Periodicals, 3rd floor
- music journals and magazines on microfilm: MILLS Periodicals, 3rd floor (Compact Shelving)
- video cassettes and DVDs: MILLS, 1st floor Reserve collection
- rare materials: Research Collections, MILLS, Lower Level
Where can I Listen/View?
- CDs and DVDs can be played on most computers in the library
- vinyl records can be played on the turntable in the Lyons New Media Centre, room L416; the room must be booked using the room booking form on the Lyons home page
- videos can be played on the VHS/DVD player in the Lyons New Media Centre room L416 or using the 3 viewing stations on the 4th floor lobby; the room must be booked using the room booking form on the Lyons home page
How do I borrow and renew?
How long can I keep materials?
- books, scores and cassettes: see How Long You Can Keep/Renew Books
- CDs and vinyl records can be checked out by all borrowers for 1 week, with 1 renewal
- Mills videos & DVDs can be checked out by students for 4 hours and by faculty for 24 hours, no renewals.
Course Reserve Materials
How do I find out what's on Reserve?
- Go to Course Reserves
- choose Mills Reserve
- Search by course name (e.g., Music 1Y3) or instructor name (e.g., Smith, W.).
More about Reserve collection, loan periods and fines
Mills Memorial Library, 4th Floor
Mills Memorial Library, McMaster University
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Telephone: 905 525-9140
ext. 22533 (Research Help)
ext. 22077 (Access Services)
Hours: the Music area is accessible whenever the library is open.