- About Lyons
- Cameras & Filming
- Courses & Workshops
- Media Creation
- 3D Printing
- Tinker Equipment
- Media Consultations
- How-Tos & Tutorials
lynda.com @ LNMC
lynda.com @ LNMC
HELP!! Your professor just said you have to submit a video assignment and you've never made a video before? Never fear! lynda.com might be the solution you're looking for!
About lynda.com @ Lyons
- The Lyons New Media Centre has subscriptions to lynda.com, a website dedicated to teaching you and others all there is to know about various software and design concepts.
- With over 66,000 tutorials, lynda.com has proven to be an invaluable resource for students, staff and faculty.
- LNMC currently has two subscriptions to lynda.com, which are only accessible via the Centre.
- These are at the computer pod closest to the Gaming Room door and clearly marked as "Lynda Station #1" and "Lynda Station #2".
- If you would like to try out some of their tutorials, please ask for assistance from the Help Desk in the middle of the Centre.
Booking Time with lynda.com
- Booking time ensures that only you get to use that computer for lynda.com access during that booking time.
- Book a station from 30 minutes to 2 hours and know that the computer is yours when you need it.
- Headphones are also available for use with lynda.com.
- Just present your McMaster ID card at the Help Desk and a pair will be checked out to you.
Of course, if you are not in the Centre, you can still access some of lynda.com's free tutorials to try it out! Simply visit the lynda.com site and do a search on whichever software it is you wish to learn more about. For more information on what lynda.com is all about, feel free to visit their 'about us' page and have a look around! If you have questions about how this all works, stop by and ask at the Help Desk, give us a call at 905-525-9140 ext 20734, or email us at media (@mcmaster.ca).