- About Lyons
- Cameras & Filming
- Courses & Workshops
- Media Creation
- 3D Printing
- Tinker Equipment
- How-Tos & Tutorials
Audio Recording Booth
Audio Recording Booth
Our audio recording booth is a great new space for recording your audio work. Whether you are recroding a podcast for a class; doing a voice over for a video; or recording a demo for your next big hit, the recording booth is available to you. You must be a current McMaster student or staff member, with valid Mac ID to use the booth.
In the booth:
- Computer equipped with Audacity and Adobe Audition
- RODE microphone and filter, with adjustable arm
- Audio interface
- High stool
- Music stand with light for script/music
- Headphones (available at the Help Desk)
- The booth must be booked prior to use. You will receive a confirmation email once the booking has been processed.
- Go to the audio recording booth booking form to book the room.
- Headphones are available at the Help Desk when checking out the booth.
- A valid McMaster ID card must be presented in order to check out the booth and equipment.
- Report any issues with the equipment immediately to the Help Desk.
- The booth is only to be used for recording. Post production work is to be done on the main computers.
- You are expected to bring your own external media to save your files.
- A ventilation fan (low noise) is installed in the booth. Please turn on when in the booth, for air circulation.
- Make sure to turn fan and lights off when exiting the booth.
- Food or drink is NOT permitted in the booth.
- Make sure to check back in at the Help Desk when you are finished. Failure to do so will result in overdue fines.
- Currently, the recording booth is not fully accessible (we are working on it). To book an accessible recording space, please book edit suite (L415).
- A maximum booking of 2 hours per day. If you need longer time, please contact the Manager (email@example.com) to extend your booking.
- Bookings finish 30 minutes before the Centre closes.
- The booth can comfortably fit 2 people, possibly 3. For larger groups, please book one of the edit suites (L415-L416).
- For audio recording, prepare and rehearse your script ahead of time.
- Check out the tutorials available for the software and how to do a podcast.