What is LibAccess?
For those users who do NOT have a current MAC ID, LibAccess is a library account (username & password) that:
- provides access to library e-Resources which are restricted for use by the McMaster community
- authenticates valid users and provides a secure method for accessing the Library's licensed e-Resources.
- supports the University's Code of Conduct for Computer & Network Users.
Who is Eligible for a LibAccess account?
- IAHS and Conestoga students in collaborative degree programs
- Faculty of Health Sciences appointees and affiliates, including clinical faculty
Setting Up & Logging In
- If you have a MAC ID, you do not have to set up a LibAccess account. Simply login using your MAC ID username and password when using library e-Resources.
- If you do not have a MAC ID, you will need a McMaster student or employee card with a barcode to set-up your LibAccess account.
- If you don't have a "Working at McMaster" card, with a barcode, you can obtain one in the Campus Store, Monday to Friday, 8:30-4:00
- If you have a Faculty Appointment with the Faculty of Health Sciences, please contact your department administrator to obtain information about how to obtain a MacID.
Who is Not Eligible for a LibAccess account?
- External borrowers
- Reciprocal borrowers *
- Hamilton Health Sciences staff
- IAHS (Institute for Applied Health Sciences) students in non-degree programs
- McMaster Alumni *
- General public
- High school students
- Visiting students, staff and faculty from post-secondary institutions *
* For these individuals who are not eligible for a LibAccess account, a temporary Guest Internet Account can be requested at Mills, Innis or Thode libraries.
NOTE: A guest account is not required to use Health Sciences Library resources in the Health Sciences Library.