- McMaster Home
- Using the Libraries
- Faculty Support
Information Literacy and Research Skills for Students
The Library is your partner in teaching, learning and research.
We offer course-related and course-integrated instruction to McMaster faculty and students on how to find, evaluate and use information effectively and ethically.
- Provide advice on creating effective library and information research assignments.
- Teach your students and TAs how to search for information effectively.
- Create a course guide to help your students navigate through the Library's resources for a specific class or assignment.
- Educate students about plagiarism and the ethical use of information.
- Teach students how to correctly cite sources in their papers and bibliographies and how to use citation management software such as RefWorks.
To request a class, please complete the form at http://library.mcmaster.ca/forms/library-class-request
For more information, read our Information Literacy Goals: http://library.mcmaster.ca/liaison/info-lit
Questions? Please contact Lynne Serviss, Instruction Librarian 905.525.9140, ext. 21414 or at firstname.lastname@example.org