Course code: Earth Sci 4G03
Course name: Glacial Sediments and Environments
Course date: Fall 2009
On the Web
- GEOSCAN – Geological Survey of Canada Publications Database
- NRCan Library – Databases (including links to Provincial publications)
- Geology Ontario – Search Publications or Categories
Through the Library
Note that all of our print Government Publications can be found in the library catalogue. Geological government publications will be located in Thode Storage, and will need to be recalled for viewing. Publications at Mills (primarily of environmental assessments, including landfill site selection) are available in the book stacks (2nd Floor).
- Government Publications Guide
- How to find Print Gov. Pubs.
- Canadian Research Index (Index to Gov Pubs on Microfiche; microfiche housed in Mills, Gov Pubs, 2nd floor)
Databases for Journal Articles
Access through the Articles/Databases tab on the library homepage
Also check out the subject guides for both Geology and Environmental Science for other useful sources of information.
Maps / GIS
The maps collection is your gateway to geologic information in both printed map form, and electronic geographical information systems.
- Data Sources for Environmental Studies of the Hamilton-Wentworth Area
- How to Find Maps @ the Library
- Geospatial Data for GIS – what do you have access to?