McMaster University Libraries hold over 150 000 government publications in a variety of formats including paper, microform and electronic (ie. CD-ROMs, Internet). McMaster is a full depository of Canadian Federal and Ontario provincial publications and maintains a comprehensive collection of local municipal (Hamilton-Wentworth) government publications. Items from other countries are selectively chosen.
Our main areas of collection are:
- Canada (federal, provincial, municipal)
- United States
- United Kingdom
- United Nations and affiliated bodies (IMF,FAO, ILO, etc.)
- International Organizations (EU)
The collection is largely comprised of the following material:
- Parliamentary and Congressional materials (debates, committee proceedings and reports)
- Statutory materials (bills, acts, regulations, cumulative revisions of acts and regulations)
- Statistical publications (monographs and serials)
- Census material
- Royal Commissions and Task Force reports
- Departmental Reports
- Basic reference works
The majority of government maps are available in the Lloyd Reeds Map Collection on the 1st floor of Mills Library.
McMaster is a member of the Statistics Canada's Data Liberation Initiative (DLI). Licensed statistical data is available by contacting Library Data Service on the 1st floor of Mills Library.