Table of Contents
- are legal contracts between a union and an employer
- typically set out the rates of pay, hours of work, vacations, benefits, grievance procedures, and other conditions of employment
- have a set expiry date (typically one to three years)
Collective Agreement Sources
- Negotech - Employment and Social Development Canada
- Contains full-text copies of current and historical collective agreements across Canada.
- Search by company, union, date, sector, industry and other criteria.
- Collective Agreements - Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
- Contains current and archived collective agreements of groups in the federal public service in Canada.
- Search for agreements by code, group, group abbreviation or union.
- Collective Bargaining Agreements - Alberta Labour
- Contains selected collective agreements for organizations operating within Alberta, Canada.
- Includes the current and most recent expired agreements filed electronically with the Government of Alberta.
- Search for agreements by employer, union, city/region, local # and date.
- BC Bargaining Database - Business Council of British Columbia
- Contains current and expired collective agreements throughout British Columbia, Canada.
- Search by company, sector, industry, uinion, date and keyword(s).
- Collective Agreements - Labour Relations Board British Columbia
- Contains current and historical collective agreements filed in British Columbia, Canada.
- Browse agreements by employer.
- Bargaining - Manitoba School Boards Association
- Collective Agreements - MNU (Manitoba Nurses Union)
- Includes current collective agreements for various regional health authorities and health facilities in Manitoba, Canada.
- Browse agreements by category.
- Collective Agreement Retrieval System (CARS) - Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour, Industrial Relations Branch, New Brunswick
- Includes current and historical collective agreements filed with the Industrial Relations Branch of the Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour in New Brunswick, Canada.
- Select Users Enter Here button and then the relevant link. Search by language (English or French), industry code (NAICS), labour market area, county/region, union, employer, date and keyword(s).
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Collective Agreement Database - Department of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Contains current collective agreements filed with the Department of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
- Search by keyword(s), NAICS code, union, employer and date.
- Collective Agreements - NAPE (Newfoundland and Labrador Association of Public and Private Employees)
- Contains current collective agreements negotiated by NAPE on behalf of its members in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
- Search by keyword(s).
- Terms of Employment - Human Resources, Northwest Terrorities
- Contains current collective agreements between the NWTTA (Northwest Territories Teachers' Association), the UNW (Union of Northern Workers) and the Government of the Northwest Terrorities in Canada.
- Agreements - NSCLRA (Nova Scotia Construction Labour Relations Association)
- Collective Agreements - NEU (Nunavut Employees Union)
- Contains collective agreeements for bargaining units associated with the Nunavut Employees Union in Canada.
- Browse collective agreements by title.
- Collective Agreements e-Library Portal - Ontario Ministry of Labour
- Contains current and expired public and private sector collective agreements in Ontario, Canada.
- Search by keyword(s), employer, union, sector and industry.
- Collective Agreements - OHA (Ontario Hospital Association)
- Contains current central and local collective agreements for hospitals in Ontario, Canada.
- Browse for agreements by union name.
- Collective Agreements & Union Relations - McMaster University- Working at McMaster - Employee & Labour Relations
- Contains current and historical collective agreements for various employee groups at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Prince Edward Island
- Collective Agreements - Department of Justice and Public Safety, Prince Edward Island
- A listing of active collective agreements on file with the Industrial Relations Division in Prince Edward Island, Canada.
- Browse agreements by employer/company name.
- Collective Agreements - Commission De La Construction Du Québec
- Collective Agreements - CPNCA (Comité patronal de négociation pour les commissions scolaires anglophones) / Management Negotiating Committee for English-language School Boards)
- Includes current collective agreements for teachers, professionals and support staff in English-language school boards.
- Collective Agreements - Saskatchewan Building Trades
- Collective Agreements - Public Service Commission, Yukon Government
- Current and historical collective agreements with the YTA (Yukon Teachers Association), the PSAC/YEU (Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees' Union) and the Government of Yukon in Canada.
- Collective Bargaining Agreements File: Online Listings of Private and Public Sector Agreements - OLMS (Office of Labor-Management Standards), Department of Labor, United States
- Contains current and historical public and private sector collective agreements in the United States.
- Browse agreements alphabetically by employer name.
- Labor Contracts Database - IRLE (Institute for Research on Labor and Employment) Library, University of California, Berkeley
- "A one-stop public on-line clearinghouse for cataloged and digitized complete union contract text."
- Search U.S. labour contracts by state, union name or occupation.
When the agreement is not available ...
Contact the union or employer directly. Try the following sources ...
- CAUT (Canadian Association of University Teachers) Member Associations
- Labour Organizations in Canada (Labour Program, Government of Canada)
- Directory of U.S. Labor Organizations, MILLS Bookstacks HD 6504 .D64
- LaborNet 2000 Directory of Union Organizations on the Internet
- List of Trade Unions (Wikipedia) - a list of trade unions and union federations by country
- Trade Unions of the World, MILLS Reference and Bookstacks HD 6483 .T675
Last Reviewed: August 18, 2017