How do I access journals located in the Hamilton Health Library Network?
If you are a McMaster student, staff or faculty member:
- to get a copy of an article in a journal held by one of the Hamilton Health Library Network libraries, you may request the article through RACER (you can find more info on RACER and Interlibrary Loan on this page).
If you're not a McMaster student, staff or faculty member:
- Usually the collections at the hospital libraries (e.g. Joseph Brant) are not available except to hospital personnel.
- One option would be to travel to a library that owns the journal. You can find out which Ontario libraries own a journal by searching for the journal in RACER (you can login with guest access).
- Before actually going to one of these libraries, however, it's advisable to double-check that they actually own the issue you require, and will allow outside users to access it. You can check individual library catalogues through links on this page.
- If you don't want to travel to another library to obtain the article, you may inquire at your local public library to see if they will obtain the journal article for you through their Interlibrary Loan department.