Frequently Asked Questions - E-mail
In Outlook Express I'm getting the error message: "Some of the messages in your Outbox Folder could not be copied to your Sent Items Folder". What should I do?
The full error message in Outlook Express is:
- Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details.
- Some of the messages in your Outbox Folder could not be copied to your Sent Items Folder. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.
- Click Tools > Accounts > Mail tab > Properties
- Under the Servers tab, ensure that “Log on using Secure Password Authentication” is not ticked
- Under the Advanced tab, under “Server Timeouts”, change the server timeout to 2 minutes
- Click Apply > OK > Close
- Restart Outlook Express
How do I open (and print) an e-mail attachment on public computers?
- Right-click on the attachment and save the file to the RAMDISK (U:). If there is no RAMDISK (U:) listed, save the file to the Desktop.
- Open the appropriate application (Note: if you saved the file to the Desktop and it is an MS Office document, use the appropriate MS application or viewer)
- Click File... Open.
- Locate your file on drive U (or the Desktop), and open it.
How do I Email a JSTOR article?
Ensure that the word "stable" is part of the URL; if it isn't, click on the article title or the "Item Information" link. Copy the URL provided, then it paste into the body of your email.