In Outlook Express I'm getting the error message: "Some of the messages in your Outbox Folder could not be copied to your Sent Items Folder". What should I do?
The full error message in Outlook Express is:
- Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details.
- Some of the messages in your Outbox Folder could not be copied to your Sent Items Folder. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.
This problem might occur because Secure Password Authentication is enabled, or it may a result of a short timeout setting.
Try making the following changes:
- Click Tools > Accounts > Mail tab > Properties
- Under the Servers tab, ensure that “Log on using Secure Password Authentication” is not ticked
- Under the Advanced tab, under “Server Timeouts”, change the server timeout to 2 minutes
- Click Apply > OK > Close
- Restart Outlook Express